Respected Contributor

Have any of you sealed your granite counters yourself?  How difficult or easy?  What product(s) did you use and any advise to offer?

Honored Contributor

My granite is permanently sealed.  We were told the sealer will last a lifetime. 

It's been about eight years and it still looks perfect.

i have watched how to seal granite on YouTube and it doesn't look difficult at all.

Respected Contributor

It's easy.  You just need some elbow grease.  It's like putting polish on your car.

Get some granite sealer from Lowe's or Home Depot.  Smear it on, let it dry, rub it off.

Honored Contributor

Oh please! You wipe/clean your counters, right? All you do is put on the sealer and wipe it off! EASY!! My countertops are now 3 years old and I probably have applied a sealer once. My granite glistens and water beads up without me even doing anything to it. BTW when you had your granite installed, your installers should have given you products to keep. 

"Pure Michigan"
Valued Contributor

weiman-granite-sealer_front.jpg

It's nothing more complicated than using this once a year.  

Esteemed Contributor

Re: Sealing Granite

[ Edited ]

Its not hard. Its just a spray and will only take a few minutes.

Honored Contributor

I just did mine this past weekend.  No elbow grease required. Spray on and wipe off. Easy peasy.

Contributor

It's easy. I would adivse you use Tenax Hydrex Impregnating Sealer it makes sealing your countertop a piece of cake. Even if you're not very experienced with home projects you'll have no difficulty using this sealer. 

Respected Contributor

My contractor told me granite needs to be sealed once a year???

That's what I was told.

Honored Contributor

I use a Granite clean and shine I buy in the grocery store every once in awhile. We have had them for seven years and never resealed.