Occasional Contributor

Happy New Year to all.

I just had to leave a comment on the scented Luminara. I am chemically sensitive and read every description on the candles to make sure I do NOT buy one that is scented. I ended buying two that had no description that they were scented and holy cow, do they stink! QVC, please make sure you state that they are scented in the description, and Luminara, please make them as a choice of scented or non scented candles. Not everyone wants the a scented candle!

New Contributor

Agree with you about Luminara candles. Just received one in a glass jar with the most awful vanilla scent which gave me a headache immediately. I always check carefully before ordering to avoid any scented candle. In this case, there was no info given by either host/vendor/item description that it was scented. Inexcusable to present scented items and not include that info for all of those with chemical sensitivities. Have just called customer service to inquire whether the TSV Luminara lanterns are scented. They do not know and cannot find any info. Said to return at no charge if they are scented.

Honored Contributor

I totally agree, and have posted several times about the "odor" that Luminara candles have.  It is not vanilla nor any other scent I have ever come across, and I find it very offensive.  It's false advertising not to mention the odor in any presentation, nor on the item page.  After receiving several sets last year with the odor, I no longer will buy these candles.

Esteemed Contributor

Re: Scented Luminara

[ Edited ]

We may be smelling different scents from different candles, but the rustic 360s and mercury glass s/2 that I now own both smell a lot like BBW warm vanilla sugar on overdrive, with a toss of toasted coconut.  I'm going by memory on the BBW scent because it has been years now since I've smelled it.  This Luminara smell is not a favorite scent of mine, but luckily it doesn't irritate me as some scents can.