Honored Contributor

Re: Saatva…hope this one isn’t removed. (Please)

@Pezzie wrote:

@proudlyfromNJI was just talking to DH this morning that it was time to buy a new mattress, and I floated the idea of just buying the mattress and keeping the box springs.   To me that seems like a no brainer.  I see in your post that is what you did, and it has worked well for you?

@Pezzie  Yes it’s been ok. We’ve had the same box spring for a couple of mattresses.

Esteemed Contributor

@Icegoddess wrote:

@River Song wrote:

I have a Saatva mattress and am happy with it.  I've had it for two years and have no complaints.  I am a side sleeper and prefer a softer mattress and purchased the Saatva Classic Plush Soft 14.5" hybrid innerspring mattress.  I also needed to purchase their foundation because I do not have a platform bed frame.  

I had no problems with delivery, they removed my old mattress and box spring and set up the new foundation and mattress.  I got the queen size and the mattress is heavy, fair warning, when having to lift the corners of the mattress to put on the fitted bottom sheet.

You will need to confirm that your bed frame can handle the weight of the mattress if you don't have a platform bed frame.  My bed frame is an iron bed frame with adequate iron cross-braces so I knew it would hold the weight.

Carefully read their website and ask their customer service questions before placing your order.   They were very helpful and it was a good experience dealing with the company.

Boy, that would be a non-starter for me.  We have a king size Bob Timberlake bed frame and wouldn't give that up for a mattress.  I also like that my bed is high off the floor.  I almost need a step to get up into it, but that's how I like it.  Reminds me of the old beds.  

BTW, Costco's brand is Kirkland. Usually, their Kirklnd brand stuff is very good.

@Icegoddess  have you ever fallen off your bed trying to get the charger that fell off the nightstand? Oh boy. I always think I can reach it but it never works. I don't try that anymore.

Highlighted
Honored Contributor

[ Edited ]

I have a solid surface platform frame, no box frame. I put my mattress right on top of the platform which sits up over a foot off the floor so I can use the underside as storage space. Right now I'm looking for a latex mattress to replace my kwappy memory foam mattress which is giving me a backache. I called one latex place and they suggested I get two 3" toppers, one firm and one medium, layer them together and use that as my mattress. They told me people are doing this to save money on buying an entire new latex mattress plus when the upper topper needs replacing then you just need to buy that and not the whole mattress. They went on to say you can buy covers to fit both of the toppers together so it looks like one piece and keeps them from moving. I'm seriously thinking about doing that. Oh and those are flippable so that makes them last a lot longer.

Honored Contributor

I had responded to the other one in CC.

I have 2 kings, one queen, one full and two twins in Saatva mattresses.

I picked Saatva because they use organic materials, wool that is humanely harvested, and are made in the USA.

They are extremely comfortable, my family and guests love them.  

They have free delivery, but I believe they did change it to costing $100 if you want to return, (understandable), and you get your full paid price back and they donate your return to veteran's homes.  Plus they offer veterans discounts and usually have a sale going on.

Worth every penny.  I would never consider another brand at this point.

Esteemed Contributor

My husband and I have two. We've had one 3 years, thats in our bedroom, we like it so well we got another one for the guest room, just a little bit cheaper model- I think its around 2 yrs old. 

We do have a padded mattress protector on them both, I would repurchase these Saatva mattresses in a second. 

I think these are the best mattresses we've ever had.

I think you have 6 months to send it back if you don't like it.

Honored Contributor

@Love my grandkids, yeah, I made a mistake with the first one, so I reposted not realizing til a few minutes later it was a double.  I was glad the mod removed one but surprised that the second one was removed.  No worries, though.  My fault to begin with.

“You can’t wait until life isn’t hard anymore to be happy”. (By Nightbirde, singer of the song, It’s Ok)
Honored Contributor

Uh oh..... @skincaremaven, could it have been their firm level, though.  There are three.  Plush Soft, Luxury Firm and Firm.  I'm considering the Plush Soft but have heard that even the 'soft' is too firm for most.  Thank you.

“You can’t wait until life isn’t hard anymore to be happy”. (By Nightbirde, singer of the song, It’s Ok)
Honored Contributor

@River Song, you answered all of my questions!  Thank you.  

I got rid of everything I had...bed frame,  foundation as well as the mattress.  $$$, lol.  Not sure which foundation height I want, though.  I have knee issues so it can't be too high but not low either.  I had to change all of the toilets in my house a few years ago because they were the low ones and it was painful getting into position, if you know what I mean.  And yes, I will definitely call Saatva before I order.

Valued Contributor

I have a King size SAATVA luxury firm for two years now. I used my own box springs since they were in great shape. This mattress is by and far the best mattress we have evr owned in our 68 years. I am getting ready to purchase a queen 11 inch one for our guest bedroom which has an adjustable base. I will admit that the mattress are heavy but like the others I would not consider any other brand at this point.

Beckyblu

Honored Contributor

@Mmsfoxxie    I would check out Stearns & Foster.  They are the premier maker of mattresses so I would trust them with memory foam.  Also, when doing a search the top 5 or 10 are listed and rated.

kindness is strength