Honored Contributor

While we're still in summer, here's some more vacation-type  property, that's not cookie-cutter.  I like the skillfully executed 'moodiness' of this residence, and the fact that it's a "coastal state" house that's not bright, bright optic white everywhere. 

Of course I like white, and especially cream, but this makes a nice change from "overboard white".  It's quirky, too, with some lower ceilings and some soaring ones.  Reminds me of a writer's or artist's hideaway.  The nautical touches are there, but not overdone.

#25.jpg

This dreamy kitchen has the look of the low-key Belgian farmhouse style I crave:

#19.jpg

#20.jpg

Were I the owner, I'd be tempted to sleep here in the guest room.  Dibs on that top bunk

#23.jpg

#24.jpg

#22.jpg

#25A.jpg

Summer porch, for those rainy days:

#29.jpg

Cozy.  Just a little too "lodge-like" or maybe masculine for my sensibilities-- I like a little more "ethereal" in my interiors, perhaps.  But still, it's an appealing, non-show-off-y vacation retreat in beautiful Maine...

Honored Contributor

@Oznell 

Thought the same thing like your style. 

Esteemed Contributor

It's very nice but not really my style.  That kitchen was awful though, IMHO!

Knowledge is knowing that a tomato is a fruit, but Wisdom is knowing not to put it in a fruit salad.
- Author Unknown
Honored Contributor

Thanks, @Sweet_Serenity, that's a real compliment since I like yours too.  You are so discerning when it comes to art, cinema, etc., and I find that often spills over into the decorative arts too....

Honored Contributor

Make allowances for me, @shoptilyadropagain --  I have a real weakness for vintage-y, highly "distressed" kitchens!

Honored Contributor

On a scale of 1-10, I give it a 100! I would only add pops of color here and there. I love the neutral shades on the walls...so much nowadays has so much white which I don't like whatsoever. 

This home to me is warm and inviting. Any decor/rooms with white are cold/uninviting/too sterile to me.

I could move in to this place at the drop of a hat Smiley Very Happy

Esteemed Contributor

OH @Oznell ...I hope you didn't take my comment personally.  I'm fully aware that style is extremely popular but my style leans more modern (and on these boards, I'm in the minority).  Some of those Vintagy kitchens are quite nice even if it is not my style but this one (kitchen cabinets) just gave me chills....but not in a good way.  You'd probably cringe at some of the kitchens I like...LOL!

I love to look at the various decorated or staged rooms/homes you and the others post even if I dont' particularly care for them.  

Knowledge is knowing that a tomato is a fruit, but Wisdom is knowing not to put it in a fruit salad.
- Author Unknown
Honored Contributor

@Oznell 

Enjoy! Everything you write. You have a wonderful gift. Imagine what it must be like knowing you personally. Thank you, For sharing yourself here. 

Esteemed Contributor

Re: STATE OF MAINE CHARMER

[ Edited ]

@Oznell @shoptilyadropagain , there are parts of this I think are lovely.  We had a lovely stone fireplace made from beach stone in our cottage.  It was so cozy especially on the shoulder seasons.  Our place was nothing as grand as this beauty but we certainly loved it.

I am with @shoptilyadropagain  though on the open kitchen shelving.  No way, especially in a seasonal home.  Too much opportunity for creepy crawly things to hide, too much dusting required...you catch my drift!

Thanks for posting @Oznell .  I could move right I here❤️.  LM

Honored Contributor

Oh, that is sweet of you to worry about that, @shoptilyadropagain --  no, no-- no offense taken.  Love to get all kinds of input.

Some modern interiors grab me too.  It all depends, they have to be "soft modern".   Just for you, at some point, I will have to find a modern house to post and get your opinion.

@Susan Louise,  me too, if I could inject a little more color, I'd be very happy.

Thanks, kind @Sweet_Serenity.

Point well taken, @Lilysmom.  I hadn't thought of creepy crawlies, (shudder) but I avoid open shelves in kitchens too.  I hate dusting, and to have to dust, as well as wash, your everyday plates and cups is just too much!