Frequent Contributor

Just figuring out how to navigate this new forum set-up and saw you mentioned me in October. 

Well, kiddo I retired Xmas 2014 and finished my master's Aug. 2015. I will no longer be MIA, really missed you and all the enablers LOL.

I do keep in touch w/Booper on Facebook. Retail has taken a toll on me, in December had to rent a storage unit so I can continue my Mom's tradition of Summer and Winter changes to everything practically, DAA. My sons were honestly threating an intervention. The Q has yet to fix my 'nickname' for reviews, just shows up anonymous.

Now about those Luminara votives, they act like it's a secret when they are available, but you know I was able to get 3 sets finally passed the pacific ones on to somebody. Well, this is turning into a novel!

Only the best to you and yours, happy shopping. Dee

P.S.  I still miss Linda Dano!

Landau over at the southern station has the basket weave throw Linda introduced about 3 or 4 years ago, and yes I purchased to grey and a:womanvery-happy beige mongolan throw in beige, which stinks to the high heavens, sheesh! Shopr everything I've purchased from Clever Carriage Home has been perfection.

Ok, I'm really finished.Woman Very Happy

I was born with nothing and still have most of that left!
Esteemed Contributor

@Bdeezy,

It's so great to hear from you.  :-)  It's been a while!  Congratulations on finishing your Master's. 

I hope you eventually get the hang of this new forum and stop in more often, but if you are in need of a shopping intervention already, then I'm afraid your problem will only get worse if you frequent this and the holiday forum.  It never fails that just when I'm doing good and not buying anything, someone will share something that starts up the buying or wanting to buy all over again.  The people here are so good at that.  

Hi to @bopper too. :-)

I am really liking the small Mystique tealights that I bought at Overstock, which are the same as the Luminara flame, movement, etc.  I don't like the battery life, though.  You must really be pleased with the Luminara votives you got from QVC if you gave up your Pacific Accents votives for them.  I am still using 1 or 2 of my Pacific Accents votives around the house, and they've been very reliable and bright, and the batteries last a good while.  They were definitely a worthwhile purchase, and I thank you for suggesting them way back when. 

Thanks for the heads up on the similar-to-LD items over on HSN.  I never think to go to their website unless they send me a coupon, and then I don't usually know what's worth the money and what isn't.  I will try to remember to check out Landau and Clever Carriage Home every now and then. 

I love the basketweave throw you got and I see that they sell a basketweave comforter set, too.  I love throws and have a few in faux fur finishes.  I can't let myself buy any more, though, because I have a Linda Dano trunk full of throws already.  I'm not making that up.  I really do.  I'm still using and enjoying several different types of items (trunks, sconces, pillows, etc.) around the house from Linda's collection.  I miss her presentations, too.  I always smiled or laughed at something she'd say--what a personality! 

Take Care.

Frequent Contributor

Only you would understand, I purchased the Dano easel just in case I move and had the room for it one day! It's hidding behind a sofa next to the wall still in the box, DAA.

Still can't figure out what happened to 'Summerblu' she was a great contributor.

Really, Shopr here you go, yes I will check out Mystique candles, in my Jersey accent. You have started already to make me go look, LOL. Gave away most of the flameless candles, except the ones w/designs like the big fruit ones, darn duck one and the peacock one to switch to Luminara. Have to laugh, when I return home at night, don't need to turn on the lights the darn candles just light the way inside! LOL

"You haven't found anything to stick on the ceiling yet?" was an observation voiced by one of my sons.

Really did start renting a storage unit in December because I ran out of space to hide things. Now I'm on a kitchen and linen obsession, kept my over 25 year Cuisinart pan set, (and will never purchase any Cook's Essentials again , but purchased the KitchenAid pan set and love.Since retiring don't need anymore jewelry or clothes, THAT'S MY EXCUSE AND I'M STICKING TO IT. So on to the linens and kitchen. LOL

When the brown truck man said, "If you want to see me everyday, just invite me to dinner," I was shocked and appalled and replied, "just doing what I can to make sure you have a job" LOL.

Just soooo glad to be in contact with you, right now I'm get another box ready for Goodwill.; well, at least I'm a humanitaran of sorts. LOL

Best to you and yours, Dee

Respected Contributor

Bdeezy,,,hi  Smiley Happy

so happy to see you.  I haven't gotten any Luminara candles..but I want to.  My other battery operated ones don't even work anymore Smiley Sad     My Christmas angels didn't work either.

I sure miss Linda Dano's shows... she was so creative.  I love her rugs and change them out in my living room.   

Thank you for the Hi, I"m surprised I saw it  Hahahha

If you get any good home finds please let me know.....Your the Best!!!!

Frequent Contributor

Hey Booper - I was going to send you a note on Facebook after finding Shopr. Umm, someone posted a $10.00 coupon for Evine today only, soooo you know I had to go use that puppy; can't even remember what I purchased, DAA. 

I remember that rug, you sent me a picture and the room was gorgeous! 

I walk next Sunday (commencement) and haven't even switched my closet to winter clothes yet. Figure why bother it will be spring soon, but I have to dig something out to wear. LOL

I know your enjoying the winter landscape where you live, the pics are always just beautiful.

Do you mean Candle Impressions stopped on you?

I'm thinking of joining the 'One Day at a Time' thread to help with the shopping, I know it's just filling a void and must STOP! Ahh, I just told a fib. LOL

Only the best to you and your, Dee

Esteemed Contributor

@Bdeezy and @bopper, If either of you can use sage green colored Luminaras, Kohls has some on sale for $23-26, and that is BEFORE the 30% off and free shipping (for Kohls' charge customers).  They appear to be the rustic finished ones with the scalloped 360 degree top like QVC sold that are now sold out I think (mentioning @Mominohiohere because I think she loves this candle style, too).  They are called Forest color but I think that might be misleading, either that or the picture is way off.  I'll find out soon.  I just ordered two of the 5" ones and they cost only $16.79 each! 

I don't think we are allowed to post any codes here anymore, or any direct links, but the codes are fairly easily found on fatwallet.com's forum if anyone is interested. 

I almost forgot to mention that they also have some Luminara window candles and birch candles similarly priced.   Well, that's it for my enabling.  LOL.

Bdeezy, You are so funny.  I like how you bought the LD easel just in case.  Some time last year, I typed in Linda Dano on QVC and up popped a trunk set (one was tall with drawers, in houndstooth, I think).  I remembered admiring it years ago and couldn't resist ordering it right then.  Unfortunately, it went to backorder and I never got it.  I do search for her products from time to time, even now, hoping some oldie but goodie pops up. 

I hope you two will be around more.  Valerie's coming soon! 

Take Care.

Respected Contributor

SHOPR  thank you for the heads up on the Luminara at Kohl's  .   I will look for them.  I will look for lanterns too.  Love lanterns.

Bdeezy yes the CI candles quit working for me!  Very disappointed.  Congratulation on your commencemet, that's awesome!  Spring takes a very long time to get to me!  Could be July Hahha...I looked at LD stuff yesterday to see what was left and that easal is still there.

Keep shopping and finding cool stuff!

Regards my friend:  The Bop!

Respected Contributor

@Bdeezy wrote:

Hey Booper - I was going to send you a note on Facebook after finding Shopr. Umm, someone posted a $10.00 coupon for Evine today only, soooo you know I had to go use that puppy; can't even remember what I purchased, DAA. 

I remember that rug, you sent me a picture and the room was gorgeous! 

I walk next Sunday (commencement) and haven't even switched my closet to winter clothes yet. Figure why bother it will be spring soon, but I have to dig something out to wear. LOL

I know your enjoying the winter landscape where you live, the pics are always just beautiful.

Do you mean Candle Impressions stopped on you?

I'm thinking of joining the 'One Day at a Time' thread to help with the shopping, I know it's just filling a void and must STOP! Ahh, I just told a fib. LOL

Only the best to you and your, Dee

SHOPR  thank you for the heads up on the Luminara at Kohl's  .   I will look for them.  I will look for lanterns too.  Love lanterns.

Bdeezy yes the CI candles quit working for me!  Very disappointed.  Congratulation on your commencemet, that's awesome!  Spring takes a very long time to get to me!  Could be July Hahha...I looked at LD stuff yesterday to see what was left and that easal is still there.

Keep shopping and finding cool stuff!

Regards my friend:  The Bop!

Frequent Contributor

Well, that's our girl....just happened to find afforable Luminra! There is a Kohls near me. You gals will appreciate this: Purchased from Ballard Design's Bunny Wms. turquoise leather  pen and pencil holder and matching cachepot (scaled down wine holder) looking thingey w/really nice brace accents on it. So my brain said, let's put a candle in it and tried a luminara votive w/a starch can top on the bottom to make it level with the container. Problem is anyone walking over to it would notice the circumference of the container was to large; so then I pulled a 360 degree solange one from my BR, now that stuck up too high, really needed a 4" height. Long story short (too late), have Dano's candlestick holder set of 3 on a corner fireplace in my BR, which had to now be replaced. Ordered another and change back to the votive, when the 360 arrived didn't need it and returned. Yesterday, rec'd a package and was really excited I couldn't remember what I purchased and BAM the darn candle was back; I put the wrong label on it, DAA.

To my way of thinking, this is a sign from the heavens I may need it in the future! LOL

I can justifiy any purchase, just like Dano's easel behind the sofa in case I move into more square footage, I should live so long.

Tada!

Respected Contributor

I just ordered 2 of the Rooster LTS's today to flank an antique dresser I use in my kitchen...I thought 12.99$ was a good price and decided to buy 2 and then in the fall will put them on my Bay window with my Fall decor.  I love roosters.

Glad I found you all here.   I love my home decor.  It comforts me and bring smiles!

I love linens too but don't have much.  Frankly I don't need clothes but I do have a storage issue so even linens take up room.  But I need decorative storage,  wink, wink...I 'm looking at the Valerie tufted storage bench...

I need cookware too, my pans are not good and my Cooks Essentials have the inside coming off and even the kettle I only boil water in!  So what the heck!

I am so wanting to get the new Lanterns coming in February.  I missed the last set they sold because I really can't afford them.  But I love love love lanterns..and these are big.  The largest is 25" tall!