Honored Contributor

The fresh kitchen, beams, brick and all:

Upstate-NY_06.jpgUpstate-NY_01.jpg

The guy who owns this is Christopher Spitzmiller, who is apparently an ultra-stylish 'lamp designer' (who knew?).

I have a weakness for the clean, lovely lines of Greek Revival farmhouses, of which beautiful rural New York state has many.  Look what he and his interior designer have done inside:Upstate-NY_05.jpg

How do you feel about yellow walls in the living room?  I really like them here (and I've never had yellow walls).  The English tend to use them more than we do.  It's nice to have a color instead of the inevitable white everywhere in a farmhouse.  I happen to adore  white, and especially, cream, but white has become too much a "default" solution in my opinion-- let's try other things too!

Upstate-NY_03.jpg

Upstate-NY_07.jpg

Look at this detail in the library below.  Isn't it all scrumptious?  The flowers, the wall color, the light streaming in, the sketch of the owl above the hearth, the nubbly straw matting-- all so pleasing and appropriate.

52109975_119259869160283_5244035600889903536_n.jpg

Upstate-NY_11.jpg

Upstate-NY_04.jpg

Not a bad little retreat, ha.  What I like about it-- beautiful, tranquil setting, farmhouse is traditional, but not "overstuffed".  Perfect combo of "rustic" and "refined".

Honored Contributor

Re: SERENE UPSTATE FARMHOUSE

My preference is for more rustic.

Honored Contributor

I would move into this home, furnishings and decor, yellow walls, very few changes needed.  It is a lovely appealing house with lots of land.  It is warm and comfortable looking, there isn't much I do not like.

My sister lived upstate in the sixties.  I visited her often and we always enjoyed exploring the area and finding new roads, new stores and just enjoying the landscapes.  We still to this day wish we had  the money then to invest in property because now that we are older, we would jump at a chance to have a nice retreat such as this to escape to!

Respected Contributor

Very nice!!

*Minus that zebra rug.

Looks out of place here.

-Texas Hill Country-
Esteemed Contributor

I agree that the zebra rug has to go.  That and the wallpaper on the bedroom ceiling.  That would drive me insane!

Always remember that you are absolutely unique. Just like everyone else. Margaret Mead
Honored Contributor

I love the exterior but do not care for the interior.  The surrounding land is also beautiful.

kindness is strength
Esteemed Contributor

With a few interior changes, I would love to live in this house.

Honored Contributor

No! Looking at the pictures made me dizzy! 

Honored Contributor

Love this house and property.  Architectural detail is outstanding.

Other than the white wooden floor, I'll take the kitchen.  

Would make some changes in the decor, but overall everything is very appealing.

Honored Contributor

I liked everything until I got to the wallpaper picture.