Honored Contributor

I love the room but the furnishings do not enhance but take away.  With changes this would be a lovely room with much appeal and warmth.

Esteemed Contributor

You had me at the big windows!   Love it!

Respected Contributor

@wilma I could call this home and be as happy as a pig in sunshine!  I love the red ottoman and throw pillows and the scenery is an added bonus.

Honored Contributor

Beautiful architectural details; however, with two focal points, the fireplace and large windows, as well as, the narrow width, furniture placement is a challenge.  

I don't like the wide open entry that makes furniture arrangement even more challenging, but without it, the room would appear too confining.  

Nix on the furniture and colors.  

Esteemed Contributor

Something about this room that I can't pinpoint.  Maybe it just looks cold and hard to me.  I like the ceiling, fireplace and windows.  Otherwise I would remove everything and start over beginning with the rug that is too small for the space.  And those windows need some coverings, including the french doors. 

Honored Contributor

I love this room.  Everything about it is appealing to me.  The view and the fireplace are beautiful.  I would like to be able to see the picture above the fireplace.

The Bluebird Carries The Sky On His Back"
-Henry David Thoreau

Honored Contributor

I like this room. It has a bit more of a modern vibe than I would normally prefer, but it's pleasant nonetheless.

In my pantry with my cupcakes...
Honored Contributor

The backround and the view are beautiful!Smiley Happy

Respected Contributor

@wilma 

Yes, it's a beautiful view.  What a lovely room to see it from.  The ceiling & large windows are beautiful.  I, also, like the sofa, plus the art & lights over the fireplace.  The chair in the forefront on the right is nice as well as the area rug.  The tables & other chair .. not so much.

I'd change out the red accents (even though they look ok) for a blue theme .. of course, to make it MINE  Woman Happy

Honored Contributor

I keep returning to look and despite the clearly modern or transitional vibe, there's something very comforting about these spaces. I do think a lot of it has to do with the architecture, the architectural details and the fact that while the rooms are open they also have definite boundaries. The windows and door to the outside are also lovely as is the fireplace wall and the ceiling. I also think the red accents warm up what might have been a too cool space. I really like the library style end table and the round coffee table. Thankfully, the 'coastal' references are subtle, but I'd eliminate them anyway.

In my pantry with my cupcakes...