Honored Contributor

Neutral in the Living Room...

Bland, but not offensive. I suspect the area over the mantel crying out for a piece of art actually covers a TV... I never like the placement of a TV that high up on a wall... I could actually like this room given a little color...

bland.jpeg

In my pantry with my cupcakes...
Honored Contributor

Re: Neutral in the Living Room...

I really like the room, but it does need just a bit of color....

Animals are reliable, full of love, true in their affections, grateful. Difficult standards for people to live up to.”
Trusted Contributor

I like the room itself, but have to agree that it needs a splash of color here and there.  I love the windows with the transoms at the top.  Just think of all the natural light you would get.  I, too, think something is needed above the fireplace.  My neck would get a crook in it if the TV were that high.

“I can do things you cannot, you can do things I cannot; together we can do great things.” St.Teresa of Calcutta
Honored Contributor

Nice..a bit more greenery and it suits me just fine.

Respected Contributor

The room has great bones. 

jMHO, but I don't like the mushroom color on the walls and such.  I would prefer all white or perhaps a soft light blue. 

“If we couldn’t laugh we would all go insane.”- Jimmy Buffet
Respected Contributor

That room is as memorable as white toast.  Nothing terrible but nothing special.

The area above the fireplace looks odd, it looks like painted wood paneling.  Yuck

Esteemed Contributor

This is somewhat the colors I have in my living room.  Darker beige with white trim, mine is a couple shades lighter maybe.  But therefore I love it!  I agree it needs a colorful art piece above the mantel and also perhaps a couch with a nice print.  I like the firplace and the built in shelves.

Esteemed Contributor

@stevieb  I like the room, but it definitely needs some color.  I would replace that chair with a nicer one and I would put a beautiful and colorful piece of art over the fireplace.

The next time that I hear salt and ice together, it better be in a margarita!
Honored Contributor

[ Edited ]

I can hardly keep from jumping into this room with an armloadof red pillows and a few other colorful touches too.   Yes, the area over the mantel is crying for a painting or something other than a TV.  In addition the room needs some texture and pattern.  Its BORING.

New Mexico☀️Land Of Enchantment
Respected Contributor

I like it but I would add some type of color throw pillows and match the curtains in the same color.