Super Contributor

Re: Ribbons, Ribbons, Ribbons

When my aunt was younger (she is 92 now) we always loved getting gifts from her. She did a lot of sewing and crafts and would use up the odds and ends of ribbons and other decorations (flowers, beads, buttons, etc.) when she wrapped a gift. Her gifts were almost too pretty to open. She could take the plainest, cheapest wrapping paper and make it look like she'd spent a million dollars on it.

Esteemed Contributor

DecoLover - Yes, we must keep ourselves in check with our crafting passions or we will need to all appear on Dr. Phil. {#emotions_dlg.biggrin}

Happy Housewife - I so enjoyed your story and the whole idea of a large bow being sported around town on a bike! I am sure that gal made some nice acquaintances - a conversation piece for sure.

ILove Daisies - I have a Michael's craft store, Costco, Joanne Fabrics and Crafts, Wal-Marts, and vendors in downtown Los Angeles that I visit from time to time. I've found ribbon for sale at a Farmers Market when a person liquidating their stock had a lot of ribbon roles. Ribbon just seems to find me.

PaShar - Yes, creativity is really an art of sort. To make a gift appear so pretty to open is part of the gift itself. Being resourceful also helps in my opinion.

Never Forget the Native American Indian Holocaust
Highlighted
Trusted Contributor

Love Roses...Don't beads just make you smile. I love to just touch them (not being freaky) they are just so cool to the touch and I can think of so many ways to use them.

Regular Contributor

I am a paper hoarder! I scrapbook and am always looking for different papers. I have a good size statch of ribbon and buttons that I use to embellish.

Esteemed Contributor

Shop - Yes, beads do make me smile too! They are cool to the touch and warm up next to your skin. I can sort of 'play' with them when I wear them.

FBM2Lsm - Paper........hmmmmmm. Would pretty wrapping paper count? I control myself with the wrapping paper as I would be forced to move. Also, the gift bags have taken over the lead when it comes to wrap - even the baskets with cellophane are used for gifts.

Too many pretty things to hoard and so little time to.......hoard some more! {#emotions_dlg.biggrin}

Never Forget the Native American Indian Holocaust