Esteemed Contributor
Anyone ever returned anything from Overstock and if so how long did it take to get the return? It’s already been delivered to their return center.
Honored Contributor

From Overstock's website:

Refund Policy

What is Overstock's Refund Process?

We inspect all returned items when they arrive at our processing facility. If your return is a result of an Overstock error or defective product, we will refund the full cost of the merchandise and original shipping charges.

If you return an item that was opened or shows signs of wear, we will issue a partial refund minus the original shipping charges and return shipping fees.

You can expect to receive your refund within four weeks of shipping your package back to us. In many cases you will receive a refund sooner, but we estimate four weeks based on these factors:

• The time required for return shipping (up to 14 days)
  • Product inspection at our return facility (up to 5 business days)
  • Processing from your financial institution (up to 5 business days).

You will be notified via email with the details of the refund and we will issue the refund back to the form of payment used to make the purchase.

Honored Contributor

I didn't have to wait extraordinarily long but return shipping was so high, I'll be very careful what I buy next time 

Esteemed Contributor

@GenXmuse wrote:

I didn't have to wait extraordinarily long but return shipping was so high, I'll be very careful what I buy next time 

Good thing I don’t have to pay return shipping because it was damaged merchandise.

Honored Contributor

I suggest you watch Overstock carefully for errors.  Ordered 3 rugs.  Was sent 6.  The first received was larger and made by a different mfgr.  I wasn't charged for the extra 3.  No tracking numbers for the additional 3.  

It was a nightmare straightening this out because there was no record an additional 3 were sent. 

CS reps are working at home using Chat.  The one I had appeared to be a bit foggy.  I suspect they and the shipping dept are using a lot of temps not trained very well.  I'd guess other depts are effected, as well.  

My returns were received in 4 days by UPS, but since they were sent in error and not charged, I wasn't due a refund, so can't help you there.  

Usually, Overstock has been very good.  No errors, one day processing...2 day delivery, no returns necessary.