Honored Contributor

If You Could....

[ Edited ]

If you could change or add something to the exterior of your house or property, what would it be? 

There are 2 things I’d love to have. I would love to have a large back porch with a swing, rocker, and comfy chairs.

The second thing would be a beautiful backyard garden with flowers & plants. We have a couple of trees and lawn but no garden.

We live in the suburbs, but our lot could handle a porch and small garden. The irony is the 2 things I would like would be difficult for me to enjoy because of my allergies & asthma. 🙁 

Honored Contributor

I would love to be able to grow more flowers but the shade and soil are not ideal and I've had very little success. 

Honored Contributor

Maybe some fencing.The neighbors have split rail fencing that is rotting and full of moss. We took ours down because it looked so bad. 

Honored Contributor

I would love a backyard patio, however I have too many trees and I'm not cutting them down.

" You are entitled to your opinion. But you are not entitled to your own facts."
Daniel Patrick Moynihan
Contributor

Pool.

Esteemed Contributor

A  large back screened porch with an unobstructed private view  to the west, and maybe a water view as well. Always trees and a garden, which are sometimes mutually exclusive. No more than two stairs to the backyard. An outdoor fireplace would be nice.

i was never crazy about my last house, but I loved the yard. Quiet, private, easy access (no stairs), lots of trees and a water feature. My house before that looked like a park, complete with inground pool and waterfall, but it was too large and too much maintenance.

Honored Contributor

More trees (to block the sun) and more flowers in the landscaping to enjoy....

Animals are reliable, full of love, true in their affections, grateful. Difficult standards for people to live up to.”
Honored Contributor

A nice big patio, and a privacy fence.   

Trusted Contributor

A storage room!  My closets are all jammed with containers of storage items!Woman Wink

Honored Contributor

I would love a large screened in porch where I could relax and read, have coffee in the morning and yet be outdoors! I would furnish it with a comfortable wicker couch and a couple of chairs, a table also.  I love porches.  I would add a couple of bamboo shades for privacy if needed.