Re: Restored English Rectory

OMgosh, I love it.  It looks so calm.  I'll move in tomorrow Smiley Happy

Super Contributor

Totally underwhelming.

Man plans. God laughs.
Honored Contributor

Just lovely!! I could live in that slipper tubWoman Very Happy----not overdone or glitzy-----

Honored Contributor

Very well done, I like it!!!!

Honored Contributor

@jubilant,  thanks so much for supplying that link to the old St. Felix Friary your father took care of.  62,000 square feet, wow!  What an undertaking to restore all that, but what a treasure.  It's so neat that it is on the National Register of Historic Places.  Loved reading about it. 

Honored Contributor

I'm delighted (and a little surprised) that there are so many positive comments.  I expected less enthusiasm.

I also like this.  Serene, tasteful.  Decor with restraint -- which is so appropriate for the space.

Thanks for posting! Heart

~My philosophy: Dogs are God's most perfect creatures. Angels, here on Earth, who teach us to be better human beings.~
Honored Contributor

Overall, I think it looks comfortable, calm, and relaxing.  

I would want a bit more color in the rooms. Too much white and beige for me. The family room with the blue pillows is my favorite. I don't care for the floral drapes and pastels in the living room, or the wallpaper in the bedroom. I don't like that tub in the bathroom either. 

Respected Contributor

Wonderful story and pics, @jubilant !  I so enjoyed everything you posted on this thread.