Honored Contributor

No, I couldn't. I would die from boredom. 

Why is it, when I have a 50/50 guess at something, I'm always 100% wrong?
Honored Contributor

@fancy pantsy wrote:

no. not anymore.  i did before i moved where i am now.  it was a fairly remote spot in the adirondacks, and the night i crawled into the house on my hands and knees (because of black ice in the driveway) was the night that i decided that i could not live that way anymore.  if i had fallen on that ice it might have been a couple of days before anyone found me.  

@fancy pantsy  Our best friends live in the Adirondacks. They always got a lot of take out Chinese food. When spring came and all the snow melted, they would find tons of packets of soy sauce on the ground as they kept slipping on the ice and falling and dropping the food as they went from the car to the house.

Honored Contributor

My home is remote, surrounded by huge old hardwoods.

We have 2 distant neighbors, but can’t see them.

No random traffic.

No noise.

No drop in guests.

About 20 miles from the nearest loaf of bread, and that is packaged 

white bread.  

Can’t imagine living anywhere else, not a city person!

"Animals are not my whole world, but they have made my world whole" ~ Roger Caras
Honored Contributor

No, I couldn't

I have never had the desire, I would rather live in a neighborhood, near all the conveniences.   When DH was alive, we did have a home out in the boonies, but we only stayed there maybe a week at a time or weekends during the winter.   

I'm a city gal, I've done my time in the country and never again.

Esteemed Contributor

I hope no one in the last one sleepwalks.

Honored Contributor

Re: Remote Homes

[ Edited ]

Remote yes. Isolated, probably not...

In my pantry with my cupcakes...
Honored Contributor

Semi remote maybe but I do like the convenience of having stores near by.

Trusted Contributor

It has possibilities but not as a forever home.

Many things to consider; amenities, healthcare, safety, etc.

It may be nice to have a distance from people & overcrowdedness, but what about all of the other important things.  

It's a mix of pros / cons.

Esteemed Contributor

Just had this convo with husband. Friday we drove from Phoenix airport to Sedona. Easy drive, but along the way -- lots of remote dwellings. We did find a town with a Dairy Queen and gas station -- woo hoo. It's not just us -- my kids would not have liked growing up in remote-ness. I'd like 2 acres close to 'town.' Close enough to ride bike or Vespa. That would be ideal.   

"I took a walk in the woods and came out taller than the trees." Henry David Thoreau
Honored Contributor

No, no remote for me. I prefer to live in a neighborhood as well, I would like a bit more privacy than I have right now though.....

I would like a remote location for a getaway for a long weekend though just to unwind and be away from it all for 3 or 4 days!