Trusted Contributor

Could you live in a remote area.

I could if I had someone fantastic to share it with.

AAIrOXk.jpg

AAIsagv.jpg

AAIrOVF.jpg

this one is a bit extreme.......

Honored Contributor

No     

♥Surface of the Sun♥
Honored Contributor

How do you get up and down from the one on that tall piece of stone?  I would not want to live in a remote area because I would worry about some wierdo breaking in because no one is around.  The house would need to have a superior alarm system.

kindness is strength
Honored Contributor

No, I would worry about what would happen in an emergency.

The Bluebird Carries The Sky On His Back"
-Henry David Thoreau

Honored Contributor

Our home is kinda remote. We live in the middle of a forest. House is not visible from the road. Driveway is 1/4 mile long one way. We like our privacy. Neighbors are far away.

Honored Contributor

Re: Remote Homes

[ Edited ]

As time passes, I am more drawn to natural surroundings.  Remote living surrounded by nature is ideal for us; however, the challenge is to be within range of groceries, gas, etc.....obviously, your last photo is not the one.  We have been on the hunt for our ideal home for some time.

Info on the last photo:

Life is simple for the solitary monk who lives in the church on top of the Katskhi Pillar in central Georgia. Maxime Qavataradze, 59, has lived atop the pillar for over 20 years. Daily, he has supplies hauled up to him through a pulley system. If he ever wants to leave the pillar, he must spend 20 minutes descending a 131-foot ladder. A church was first built on top of the Katskhi Pillar in the 7th century. The concept was inspired by the Stylites.

Honored Contributor

@Group 5 minus 1   Love this!

@Group 5 minus 1 wrote:

Our home is kinda remote. We live in the middle of a forest. House is not visible from the road. Driveway is 1/4 mile long one way. We like our privacy. Neighbors are far away.

Honored Contributor

No way!!  I lived in Henderson, NV for 13 years and that was "remote" enough.  Had to drive just about everywhere, no public transporation.  Now in downtown Chicago and much happier!

Super Contributor

No I would not like a remote area like these pictures depict.  But I like living away from the hustle and bustle of a large city, I just like to be able to get to large city if I want in a reasonable amount of time. 

Respected Contributor

no. not anymore.  i did before i moved where i am now.  it was a fairly remote spot in the adirondacks, and the night i crawled into the house on my hands and knees (because of black ice in the driveway) was the night that i decided that i could not live that way anymore.  if i had fallen on that ice it might have been a couple of days before anyone found me.