Honored Contributor

Re: Refined Rustic: Sitting and Dining Areas...

altho I do like a little rustic and refined--I find that house is just way to dark for me----and a little too ornate as well--would use parts of it but couldn't live there

Honored Contributor

Gorgeous home but I would have to redecorate. I don't like the furniture or drapes. I think I would lighten it up a bit and choose furniture that was oversized ad more comfortable.

Esteemed Contributor

Oh my gosh, I could live there in a heartbeat.  Beautiful!

Honored Contributor

Absolutely stunning in every way, furnishings, decor, , everything!!!!  I could easily live in this environment and be perfectly happy with all of it.  Beautiful!

Highlighted
Honored Contributor

I like the windows & architectural details but not the furnishings. It's too dark and neutral for me. Everything looks very "heavy". I'm not loving the style of the furniture so I would need to change out most of it and add some color. 

Respected Contributor

Wow @stevieb yes indeed! 

It's really beautiful. for some reason it reminds me of what the house in the TV series Yellowstone looks like.

Gorgeous views from the windows. It would require a butler though to bring me my drink!  LOL

Respected Contributor

These space are lovely and beautifully designed but I could never personally live in such dark places....way too much dark wood for me.

Honored Contributor

This would be a great mountain lodge home.  It's very attractive.  For my taste, it's a little too rustic. I do like a little rustic but this would be  a little too much for everyday living for me.  

Honored Contributor

@Kachina624 wrote:

Give me a free hand and I'll have that place converted to Southwestern in a heartbeat.  For me, it would have more color and appeal than that very heavy looking, dark furniture.  They have some nice artwork that would fit right in. 

Sorry @Kachina624 but uh uh... You're not bringing that southwestern stuff to this house... A bit more color might be all right but that's where it ends... 

In my pantry with my cupcakes...
Honored Contributor

BEAUTIFUL home!

Animals are reliable, full of love, true in their affections, grateful. Difficult standards for people to live up to.”