Honored Contributor

Disinfecting a Wooden Table?

[ Edited ]

Does anyone know how to disinfect a wooden dining room table?   Had an insurance visitor here and they had papers and laptop etc all over the table and I would like to disinfect it without ruining it.

Trusted Contributor

Re: Disinfecting a Wooden Table?

[ Edited ]

@CherryHugs  The Clorox wipes label states that they are "Safe on Finished Wood".

image.png

Esteemed Contributor

Wow, that is a hard one!

For me, I would be concerned about the finish and something harsh.

Could you just leave it undisturbed for a couple days and then use mild soap?

Respected Contributor

I think Murphy's oil soap might work.

Respected Contributor

Pine Sol.

Honored Contributor

You can clean the wood surface safely with Murphy's Oil soap, or a mild dish detergent.   

Wood surfaces are too porous to actually disinfect/sterilize.   

Trusted Contributor

[ Edited ]

The fact that you want to disinfect the table because someone had papers and a laptop on it is just sad.  Very Very Sad. 

Let me repeat what I have said many times YOU ARE NOT GETTING COVID FROM THESE OBJECTS.  PLEASE STOP BEING AFRAID OF EVERYTHING.

If you are worried about dissinfecting something that this person touched I can't believe you allowed anyone in your home.  SMH.  I feel very sad for people who feel this way.

Use whatever you normally use to clean the table.  

Esteemed Contributor

I wouldn't use it for a few days, better than using something that could damage the surface.  

Honored Contributor

@mimomof4 wrote:

The fact that you want to disinfect the table because someone had papers and a laptop on it is just sad.  Very Very Sad. 

Let me repeat what I have said many times YOU ARE NOT GETTING COVID FROM THESE OBJECTS.  PLEASE STOP BEING AFRAID OF EVERYTHING.

If you are worried about dissinfecting something that this person touched I can't believe you allowed anyone in your home.  SMH.  I feel very sad for people who feel this way.

Use whatever you normally use to clean the table.  

@mimomof4 

Alrighty then....I'm sure that the OP really appreciates your scolding and demeaning post.

But hey, it's your opinion and you have every right to voice it, as we all do, whether it's kind or not.

You never know how strong you are until being strong is the only choice you have.
Honored Contributor

@mimomof4   You have a right to your opinion BUT this person was at Many Homes during this day and was touching the table/ as well as having all their stuff all over this table.

They did Blood pressure, height, weight and temp too so that was some touching of many other people as well as just me!