Esteemed Contributor

Updating our rec room, a project we temporarily have on hold. I like this room for our needs -- all grandsons and men who love sports. Let's assume there's a large TV screen across from sitting area. What would your ideal rec room look like? 

Looking for a cozy recreation room

"I took a walk in the woods and came out taller than the trees." Henry David Thoreau
Honored Contributor

I'd like ceiling fans to move air. A bar with refrigerator and microwave is nice for setting out snacks and drinks. Big TV of course. 

Super Contributor

I love the earth tones of this room.  The great lighting makes what appears to be a dark room bright!  I would swap out the pool table for a ping pong table, for sure.  Otherwise, wonderful family space!

Honored Contributor

Sort of a closed minded view, I know, but when I think of rec rooms I think of finsihed basements and sort of a man cave mentality, so I'll take a pass altogether...

In my pantry with my cupcakes...
Esteemed Contributor

Agree about ping pong table. This would be used more at my house and a lot lighter to move! The denim sofa is a nice break from the earth tones, IMO.  

"I took a walk in the woods and came out taller than the trees." Henry David Thoreau
Honored Contributor

While this a nice rec room, I am not into having rec rooms.  It just isn't my taste although with children it is practical and works.  But I'll pass on this type room.

Esteemed Contributor

A sandy beach. 🏖 👙 

Esteemed Contributor

@stevieb wrote:

Sort of a closed minded view, I know, but when I think of rec rooms I think of finsihed basements and sort of a man cave mentality, so I'll take a pass altogether...

Not a closed minded view IMO @stevieb.  Growing up on the East coast rec rooms were usually finished basements.  There was no such thing as "family rooms".  The room pictured looks like a great rec room that if I had a basement I would love to have.  Love the sofas.