Honored Contributor

Screen Shot 2016-02-06 at 5.52.31 PM.png

Found another living room with my favorite color combo, green and blue.  Here they accented with a taupe-y mocha, and just a tiny hit of deep pink. 

Pale blue curtains, with that mossy green of the rich velvet chairs, I do eat that up!   Designed by the mother-daughter team of McGrath II, in a gorgeous Georgian-style house in Rye.

Analyzing the room, I find it so serene, yet interesting.  Apparently the McGraths pulled the color scheme loosely from the photograph on the left ( it was described as a photograph, who knew?).

I like the diversity of the round end table paired with the antique end table on the other side.  But there's still calming symmetry in the lamps and other elements.  I like the interesting photo art and the suave line drawing, counteracting the traditional aspects of the room.

mcgrath_2_georgian_style_home_4.jpg

The silvery blue of those curtains...

mcgrath_2_georgian_style_home_10.jpg

Here's another view into the room, from the gracious entry hall.  You can see that they continued the blue of the curtains into this end of the room, with the pretty sapphire upholstered bench and paler blue chair....

McGrath_2.jpg

Here's the entry from another angle below, where I hope you can discern that stunning two-toned floor.  Apologies for such a tiny picture-- the normal size one would not reproduce here, for some strange reason!   But if interested, you can go to McGrath II and see it in a decent size.

index.jpg

Respected Contributor

Re: RYE, NEW YORK LIVING ROOM

Beautiful, I love this combo too!  No complaints from me.Cat Happy

Honored Contributor

Some nice things, but the living room doesn't do much for me. Reasonably attractive, but nothing particularly special.

In my pantry with my cupcakes...
Honored Contributor

Oh, good, @kindred cats , another one who likes blue and green!   Two cool colors.  Something about those two together-- they seem so "vital" together, make me happy.  Some people strongly dislike the combination, and the English have that old saying "Blue and green, should never be seen",  ha.

Then if that blue/green combination is spiked with say, raspberry or chocolate, I'm in heaven!

Trusted Contributor

I like this. Other than neutrals, blue & green are my colors! 

Respected Contributor

Yes, I really like these rooms. I am not sure I like the art work between the drapes in the living room, but I would have to see it close up to determine if I like it or not.

But, aside from that small detail, I like it.

Respected Contributor

@Oznell I like the room.  I also like the colour combo.  What is a turnoff for me is all the 'stuff' on the tables.  Too much clutter and maybe too many tables.  

I could definitely live in this beautiful room.  Love the windows.  S

Honored Contributor

I love blue and green together and use it in my home in several rooms. It goes with grays, tans, browns, black, white etc.

It is my favorite color combination.

Respected Contributor

@Flatbush wrote:

Yes, I really like these rooms. I am not sure I like the art work between the drapes in the living room, but I would have to see it close up to determine if I like it or not.

But, aside from that small detail, I like it.

Is it "art work," or the scribbles of a 3-year-old?

Honored Contributor

Nicely coordinated but I think it needs a little something to liven it up a bit and make it a bit more cozy and inviting...

Animals are reliable, full of love, true in their affections, grateful. Difficult standards for people to live up to.”