Honored Contributor

RUSTIC, FRENCH WITH SWEDISH ACCENT HOUSE

I like both French and classic Swedish influences.  My biggest complaint with this house is, the photos seem a little dim.  I think they were being "arty" with them, but would like to see more light!

Barrel arches are so elegant.

a60f1631976c93a58c1cf86328c7dfb3.jpg

The detail of broad arches carried through is beguiling.  That characteristic blue-gray trim is so typical of Swedish-influenced houses.

Picture 51.png

Such a tranquil, timeless living room.  A Swedish clock always to me, gives a 'fairy tale' feeling.  Magnificent wood ceiling, bleached or cerused-- and, unlike some such ceilings, I don't think it is too heavy here, or brings down the ethereal mood.  All the lighting and lanterns in the house are vintage.

Picture 55.png

Magical.

2db4c2057e352d70f2123ea89b6e94c0.jpg

Spacious kitchen.  I don't favor more than one or two open shelves in a kitchen.  She does have some beautiful closed storage, but not enough.  Having to dust and wash dishes constantly, NO!   But it is picturesque.

2ba68029c9092c946cb324517b69d241.jpg

Green tile backsplash is so soft and dreamy.

Picture 14.png

This must be a little den.  Throughout the house, I so like her paintings, beautiful oversize bottles, understated window treatments, weathered pieces like the old bench behind the couch.

Picture 7.png

It seems that both French and Swedish styles are always so deft at mixing things like delicate chandeliers with rustic wood-- love the contrast.  That bed is graceful and aesthetically pleasing, but looks comfortable too.

Picture 54.png

I could never be this disciplined--  have to be more eclectic in what surrounds me.  But I do find this a bit of fresh air--  pretty, relaxing and understated, despite the antiques and impeccable vintage touches.

Esteemed Contributor

Re: RUSTIC, FRENCH WITH SWEDISH ACCENT HOUSE

It is too rustic for me, but I do love the green tile.  So very pretty.  

Honored Contributor

What a lovely morning stroll!

I love it all, especially the arches and that wonderful floor!!!

She has some interesting pieces and balances everything well.

Honored Contributor

[ Edited ]

To me it is very bland and lacking warmth.

BE THE PERSON YOUR DOG THINKS YOU ARE! (unknown)
Honored Contributor

[ Edited ]

I love this beautiful home. Everything appeals to me.

I know open shelving in the kitchen is not practical for 98% of homeowners but I love the look. If I had a staff that cleaned and cooked for me I would have open shelving and just sit there and enjoy it. 

That's never gonna happen so I will have to keep my closed cabinets.Woman Wink

Honored Contributor

Its very pretty and so charming, I do not care for the ceilings though, other than that I like!!!!

Trusted Contributor

The ceilings are my favorite part of the house.  Woman Happy

I love rustic.

And I love that clock.

Honored Contributor

I could live there---the woodwork is quite beautiful altho a tad too dark but like the arches and soft curves. the tile is dreamy like beach glass. 

Honored Contributor

Bingo, @wagirl --  the tile IS like beach glass!  I didn't realize that before, but that must be why I like it so much.

Honored Contributor

I like this so much and I think to me it is eclectic. The only room I don't like at all is the bedroom except I do like the chandelier.

I don't like iron beds nor the headboard. That little picture above the bed just is too small and dark.

But I really do like everything else about this house. Thanks for posting @Oznell !

"If you walk the footsteps of a stranger, you'll learn things you never knew. Can you sing with all the voices of the mountains? can you paint with all the colors of the wind?"