Honored Contributor

Celerie Kemble is a designer who does pretty big projects, so I thought it was fun that she did a Palm Beach cottage that doesn't seem that overwhelming.

kemblepb4406web.jpeg

It was this darling kitchen that got me.  I think Celerie does this "celery" shade of green as a play on her name!  (Could be wrong, but I believe I've noticed it in her work before.)  Love the pink light, the window shade, the sturdy stools, the simplicity of it all.  Old school. 

kemblepb3960web.jpeg

And this breakfast nook, happy:

kemblepb3899web.jpeg

Some of it is too bold and exuberant for me, but a few other vignettes from the cottage that caught my eye:

This dining room is playful:

kemblepb3822web.jpeg

Elegant corner.   Again, retro.

kemblepb4292web.jpeg

Now I might have trouble sleeping here, but it could be a good choice for fun-loving guests as a guest room!

kemblepb4104web.jpeg

This reminds me of swank, "Forties' resort Florida".   Calling Rita Hayworth and Orson Welles....

palm-beach-cottage.jpeg

Honored Contributor

The dining room and breakfast nook stand out for me in design and style. I love the drape patterns, they fit the cottage scene.  It is a pleasant looking cottage for a nice getaway!!!

The only downside for me is the island in the kitchen, I am not a fan of islands but the rest of the kitchen is very pretty.  Of course the outside looks restful and refreshing.

Respected Contributor

I could live there. It doesn't take much room for me. Do you suppose this is a guest cottage at the rear of an estate property? The pool placement made me wonder.

Honored Contributor

That's a really good surmise, @On It !   I started to wonder too, if it was a guest cottage, since the proportions of it seem so "reasonable-sized".   Unfortunately, the site didn't say one way or the other.  To me it looks like a perfect size-- funny how some people's guest cottages would make another person's whole house....

Honored Contributor

Re: FLORIDA COTTAGE

[ Edited ]

It's a sweet cottage with some charming design choices. It's sort of a shame though, that Celerie didn't know when or where to stop. It's a cottage after all, not a designer show house. That said, I do love celery green and am very much liking that color choice for the kitchen. It's so fresh and pretty.

In my pantry with my cupcakes...
Respected Contributor

I like that dining room.

Honored Contributor

Love the light and the color....how lime was so artfully combined with salmon and lavender.  Very refreshing serene space.

Valued Contributor

The decorating looks so happy and fresh. The pool furniture has a 60's vibe to it.

Honored Contributor

I love it. The Dining Room is my favorite.

I would just change the linens in the Bedroom and that would make me HAPPY!

Honored Contributor

I do not like the light fixtures (chandeliers).  This woman is a designer?  She needs to go back to school.  I could do better than this.

kindness is strength