Honored Contributor

Re: RENOVATED CONNECTICUT HOUSE

I'm in CT and I'd love to know the location of this house.  Generally I don't care for Early American  decorating because frankly, I find the colors depressing.  But this house is beautiful with a happy vibe.

Honored Contributor

[ Edited ]

I can appreciate the older architectural details, but I'm not really a fan of all the rustic wooden elements or the exterior. It's just not my style. I think most of the furnishings and accessories are nice, although I'd prefer more color and warmth. My favorite space is the living room with open gallery with the green & floral touches. 

Respected Contributor

The house is stunning and calming, but not inviting to me. I agree the seafoam paint is distracting in the back of the cabinet. I adore that clock..my favorite thing in the entire house. 

Honored Contributor

@roeroe1005,  and @faeriemoon ,  the closest I could find out was that the house is in Litchfield County.  The house has a name too-- which I've promptly forgotten, rats!  It might be "Fern Hollow"?   Or "Fox Run"?  But I'm thinking it had fern in it.

Honored Contributor

There are lovely appealing parts of this home.  However, I would make some changes.  I do love the open gallery out of everything.  I would choose different style furniture and have more color in the rooms, light colors.  I do love all the interior wood and the exterior of the home is very lovely.  

Honored Contributor

@Oznell 

You know me too well my dear friend!  I would about move in there except I cant leave here!  I love every single inch.

Years ago when I went to a counselor for other things, she told me she was more than sure I was a "throw back" to earlier times from what I told her.

We shall never know, shall we?