Honored Contributor

@Mom2Dogs  Oh my no - just many lovely one I've found over the years.

Esteemed Contributor

@PINKdogWOOD, I do one every winter.  This year I have a wedding rings quilt to do.  It will be nice quilting.  I'll post a photo when I get going.  My sister taught me more than 20 years ago.  My grandmother was a tailor.  Having said that, I don't know that it's in the genes.  It's a good hobby to have to get you through the winters!  LM

Honored Contributor

I just purchased Anushka 3 piece quilt set from Evine today.  I do enjoy quilts.  I love the art work on their handbags and the quilts are beautiful.

Honored Contributor

@Lilysmom wrote:

@PINKdogWOOD, I do one every winter.  This year I have a wedding rings quilt to do.  It will be nice quilting.  I'll post a photo when I get going.  My sister taught me more than 20 years ago.  My grandmother was a tailor.  Having said that, I don't know that it's in the genes.  It's a good hobby to have to get you through the winters!  LM

@Lilysmom I used to think it was in the genes.  My grandmother and my mother were quilters and sewers as am I but I think that gene was lost after it got to me.  Neither my daughter or two nieces have any interest in it.

I make 1 or 2 quilts a year as gifts for family members.  Lately they have been lap and crib quilts.

I'm about to start on a crib quilt for my daughters BFF, she will be the only non-family member to get one.

Esteemed Contributor

@CelticCrafter, seeing your name, I am not surprised you quilt 😊.  Don't give up on your daughter/nieces yet.  I didn't do anything until I was 40.  Like you, I do quilts for family.  I have also done crib quilts for friends.  

My sister taught me when I had surgery and had a six week recovery period.  I couldn't imagine sitting idle for six weeks.  She was a great teacher and I consider the craft her gift to me.

I'd love to see your quilt if you feel like posting.  This is the last one I did.  I have posted this before I think so you may have seen it.  LM

IMG_3121.JPGIMG_3124.JPGIMG_3119.JPG