Esteemed Contributor

Remember the acrylic thermal blankets of years ago.  I am still hanging onto mine. It's in pretty good shape yet,  but I would like a new one to have on hand. 

I have looked and looked and all I can find are all cotton ones.  Don't like them.......they are heavy and take forever to dry when washed.  Anyone know?  Thanks!

Honored Contributor

Re: Thermal acrylic blankets

Try Walmart.

Respected Contributor

Mine are not in great shape, but I hang onto them. I love them. Vermont Country Store has them in white or light blue for $145 for a full/queen! 

That is why I still have my old ratty ones.

Honored Contributor

Keep an eye out at thrift stores and auctions. Lots of estate clean outs have some great vintage linens like new.

You can try searching eBay as well. Use the term "vintage"in your search, along with acrylic. 

I have several that are still in f

Good shape, and all were purchased secondhand in very good condition.

Honored Contributor

[ Edited ]

I was on the lookout for an acrylic thermal blanket and found these 100% acrylic blankets at BB&B. They are not exactly the same as the thermal weave of yesterday but offer the same cozy, light warmth that those blankets offered and perfect for summer. This one feels so soft like your favorite light sweater and it washes very well. I got one in the Aqua color. 

INK & IVY Bree Knit Blanket

10041653306750m.jpg

Esteemed Contributor

I loved acrylic blankets....and still have an old one i use.....and like you said very difficult to find.....ALSO i loved acrylic SWEATERS!!.....they were so nice and soft and warm.......and i believe this past winter  season some sweaters in the marketplace and online were selling acrylic  combination (cotton/acrylic, etc) sweaters...so hopefully they will be offering more acrylic this coming winter.....