Honored Contributor

Now that I have arthritis in one knee, I'm not getting on hands and knees anymore to wash two small floor areas.  But I need a mop. What's your recommendation? Thanks.

Trusted Contributor

@qualitygal wrote:

Now that I have arthritis in one knee, I'm not getting on hands and knees anymore to wash two small floor areas.  But I need a mop. What's your recommendation? Thanks.

IMG_1297.JPG

@qualitygal Hands-down a spin mop! This is best invention since sliced bread! I own this brand, however there are several on the market with different retailers, both on-line and B&M. If you have an Ace Hardware nearby, I'm sure they have one.

Walmart, etc. It's so easy to use and does a good job. Around $30.  

⚓️
Regular Contributor

I have wood floors throughout my house.  I also have a dog and live in the northeast.  Needless to say, my floors, in the winter, have doggie foot prints from the front door thru to the kitchen Smiley Happy

I own a BONA which I purchased from Walmart.  I am a clean freak and I found that it is the easiest and the fastest.  I went thru all the mops - the swiffers, the wringing ones, the sponge ones.  The BONA is the easiest for me.  It comes with a pad that you just velcro on, it has a plastic bottle attached to it - you can either use their cleaning solution or your own.  I do vinegar and water.  Works perfectly on my wood floors and is not harmful to my dog. When you are done mopping, simply throw the pad in the washing machine.

I highly recommend this mop.  aND, I'm 70 and no longer doing the hands and knees thing either! Smiley Happy

Respected Contributor

we have a spin mop allso. it cleans so well and hands never touch dirty water.

Honored Contributor

yes, thanks for those.  Somehow the Haslet thing didn't quite do it for my purposes, but good deal and I'll know where to go.  I have area that does need the vinegar and water and the other area, I think it now will have to go that way too. Thanks again all.

Esteemed Contributor

I like the Haan floor steamer.

Cogito ergo sum
Honored Contributor

I use a Shark steam mop. Let the steam do the 'scrubbing'...melts away grease, grime and kills germs.

Honored Contributor

I use an older version of the Don Asslett microfiber duster/wet mop like this 

http://qvc.scene7.com/is/image/QVC/m114827-1?qlt=95,1&op_sharpen=1&id=iHZlB1&fmt=jpg&fit=constrain,1...

It isn't for everyone, but I don't want anything 'throw away' that has to be constantly replaced, I can use it dry or wet, and mine has lasted for well over a decade. 

You have to get your hands in water but I just wet and rinse it out in the sink. I can use on any hard surface, including sealed wood, and the mop pads are machine washable. 

I don't want buckets and multiple big head mops to store, and don't have use for a steamer (have a lot of carpet, just a couple of areas of hard flooring). 

Some cleaning systems and processes have just too much stuff and equipment for what we really need to do the job, and I try not to get caught up in having a bunch of fancy or expensive stuff for what few hard floors I have. It is easy to get carried away.

Trusted Contributor

I second the Haan Steamer.  I use it on my laminated floors as well as vinyl in one of our guest bathrooms.

Esteemed Contributor

I'm another vote for the Hahn floor steamer. It is quick and easy and works on most floor surfaces. I really like that the floor pads are washable. I refuse to spend $ on throw away cleaning items.