Valued Contributor

This may be a crazy question, but what do you use to block your Roomba from going under furniture and getting stuck.  Mine gets stuck under my couch every time I use it.

Honored Contributor

Re: Question for Roomba Users

You can use the "lighthouses" to keep Roomba from going where you don't want it to.  They can be set to create a "wall" or a circle.

Highlighted
Respected Contributor

It depends on which room I am using it in.  In my bedroom, it likes to go under my treadmill and dressers and get stuck.  I use a pillow under my treadmill and light weights in front of my dressers.  In other rooms, I just use whatever is convenient.  I do use the light house in places like the top of the stairs or in doorways.  Love my Roomba!

Honored Contributor

@FastDogWalker2 wrote:

It depends on which room I am using it in.  In my bedroom, it likes to go under my treadmill and dressers and get stuck.  I use a pillow under my treadmill and light weights in front of my dressers.  In other rooms, I just use whatever is convenient.  I do use the light house in places like the top of the stairs or in doorways.  Love my Roomba!

You know you don't have to put a lighthouse at the top of the stairs, right?  It won't fall down the stairs because of a sensor on the underside of the unit.

Contributor

I had that problem with a sofa so I got some risers and made the sofa legs slightly taller. That way the Roomba can still get under the sofa but does not get stuck.

Respected Contributor

@faeriemoon wrote:

You can use the "lighthouses" to keep Roomba from going where you don't want it to.  They can be set to create a "wall" or a circle.

I don't have any luck with the lighthouse, tried it many times. In my tv room to keep it from going uder the end table I put a large book.I am on O2 so can't have it running over the hose, so I put it in a room and close the door. I love my Roomba, but believe me, I sometimes get nasty with it. The best part is when it's banging the door, and you answer the front door.Getting used to it.

Honored Contributor

@faeriemoon I use those too. One came with the iRoomba and then I got another iRoomba because my house is large. So then I had two of those "lighthouses." 

I think it was Amazon (or maybe QVC) where I found another lighthouse. This allows me not to have to shut doors where I don't want the iRoomba to go (or under certain things).

I've had all three for over a year and haven't had to replace the battery on the lighthouses yet!

Respected Contributor

When you use the lighthouse you have to make sure the "light" is pointing in the right direction.

Honored Contributor

@meem120 LOL!!! One time I couldn't figure out why the iRoomba was going where I didn't want it to, especially since I had the light on. Turns out I had it backwards! ha! It was running all over the place where I didn't want it to go. 

Respected Contributor

Good to know - thanks!