Respected Contributor

Buying Mattress on Shopping Channel

Have any of you bought a mattress from a shopping channel or online?

I never have and never will.

I have to lay down on a mattress in a store to decide Smiley Happy   

Plus I would not want to pay whatever high return cost if it had to be returned!

Honored Contributor

Re: Buying Mattress on Shopping Channel

Yes--I did 3 years ago--from NYC at a place called Helix. the best mattress I have ever slept on from the very first night.  They custom made mine to my specs, delivered it free and would have picked it up if I wasn't happy with it, free of charge. Had a strong, burly guy carry it upstairs and help me get it on my frame , unwrapped it , with no funky smell, , and a few hours later it was ready.  Mine cost a little more than the recent TSV but still am very happy. It's a pleasure to sleep on it.

Honored Contributor

I have.  Four years ago I purchased a Beautyrest mattress from HSN. and it's still superb!!

Mind you, just like electronics, you need to do a lot of your own research before buying a mattress from TV.  I went to several stores in person to see what I wanted.  Sat on all of the ones that made the cut.  Tried to get details from the sales staff, but in every instance (I had shopped in 5 different stores), the sales staff only know the basic information, nothing detailed or specific about the mattresses.  In general, store sales staff are not long-term professionals in the store, and have only the topline, generic knowledge base, and that's just until they get bored with you and go on to assist the couple that just walked into the store.

In addition, every store had enormous delivery costs. 

So, by the time I saw the mattress on HSN, I knew exactly what I was looking for -- and there it was!  I listened all day to the vendor and got all my outstanding questions answered from the sales presentation.  I bought a fabulous mattress, saved over $300, free delivery, installation and old mattress removal. 

It stands as one of the best shopping decisions I've ever made.  But again, I did all the leg work BEFORE just listening to TV sales.  

Esteemed Contributor

Yes, and I've been most satisfied.

Cogito ergo sum
Honored Contributor

Yes, I bought a mattress on the Q.  It was a good mattress. Easy delivery and setup.  When it was time for a new mattress, I went to local store.  I tried every mattress and narrowed it down to one.  I went several times to lay on it.  I knew the first night that it had to go.  I called and said come get it.  The store said it's too soon, you have to keep it 30 days.  I called back on day 30.

Esteemed Contributor

I bought a complete set of Beautyrest on HSN and was so thrilled I bought a second set.

As mentioned, I did my homework first. Living rural, I don't have many shopping choices and some retailers don't deliver out this far.

I drove to a few retailers, noted the coil count and depth/composition of the pillowtop of a set that felt comfortable to me then bought the same as TSV's.

Delivery was no issue. They first called with a date then the drivers called with a window. Great service.

Esteemed Contributor

I have purchased mattresses from bothQVC and local mattress stores. It all comes down to what fits my budget tna the type of mattress that I want. I found that the return policy of QVC is better than some local stores. I love my Sleep Number bed and my Serta bed. 

Esteemed Contributor

Yes I have.  I purchased one from Casper and just like @wagirl  they would pick it up free of charge if we were not happy with it.  I did my research and am extremely satisfied with my mattress.  Also I love the fact that it is made in the USA of safe materials.  You never know what you're sleeping on or what type of particles you may be breathing in if a mattress is made abroad.

Esteemed Contributor

[ Edited ]

I have only purchased mattresses from my local mattress shop. Bought 2 Queen-Size and 6 Full-size mattresses over the last 18 years. I like having a salesperson help me - and recommend what's best for my needs and price range. I also like to lay down on the beds - even for a few moments. This mattress store gave me 30 days to sleep on the beds (3 are in guest rooms); then I could exchange them during the month or two. This company has 2 other mattress stores in the area and they've been around for a long time. They're totally honest. They get great reviews on Yelp.

I'd say check Yelp for stores in ur area - read reviews - see which salesperson/manager is recommended and google the name of the store. 

Who needs the hassle of hating the mattress; returning it to the store; and dealing with people at these stores who are not helpful.

I purchased the Beautyrest set for myself (Queen Size) - which is taller than my previous mattress. The salesman had to order a lower box-spring otherwise the set would have been too high. I got FREE delivery, and the guys removed my other 3 mattresses FREE!!!

I always like options, choices and service!!!!!!!!!!

Respected Contributor

yes with success.

return would have been free if needed

~~who/what is responsible for your joy? YOU!~~