Trusted Contributor

I got a really nice bed skirt online, from Bed Bath & Beyond.  It was Queen size, and less than $40.

They had several lengths to choose from.  I have a high bed frame and needed a longer length.  It washed and dried beautifully.  It's just a little longer than I wanted so, when I take it off to wash it again, I'm just going to do a quick hem around the bottom.

"I've been here since October 2006. Wow!"
Respected Contributor

When my mom went into assisted living, I got her a low profile bed.  I used an extra king size bed skirt for the double bed and folded the center and edges to get it to fit to the right length.

Here's a tip for those folks who are looking for valances that are relatively inexpensive:  found BedBathBeyond clearance priced ( try $6 ) king size bed skirts that can be cut and sewed / taped to make valances.  My hairdresser has already done this and passed the tip onto her many other clients.  Also found $3 window scarfs that can be draped to make interesting valances.

We make a living by what we get. We make a life by what we give.
Sir Winston Churchill
Super Contributor

Well, I searched all websites including Amazon.  I did order, from India, two bedshirts - ivory and white.  Both cost me $120.  Thought I was done, not so.  They are supposed to be 12" but the flat part that covers the top of the skirt is too wide thus making the shirt puddle on the rug.  Looks awful and will be annoying when I vacuum.  Back they are going.  I guess, for now, the lovely metal legs from the bed frame will be showing.  There is no choice out there.  Are you listening bedding vendors?  My only other thought is to possibly find a bedspread and totally cover down to the floor.  I need to figure out the size though.  Good luck all.