Honored Contributor

Dinaki

You had every right to report those ignorant low life neighbors and I could think of many other descriptions of those types.  He's the one who should move far away in a remote area.  His comment reflects his lack  scruples and values, and respect for others.

Sadly with neighbors if you report them with a legitimate complaint, some do take revenge and make trouble.  They intimidate and use threats because they think they can do anything and no one has the right to report them.  I speak from experience..

Imtep

I wish you the best with your issue.  In my town you have follow the codes when you put up a fence.  I have had some nasty neighbors in the past, now I am blessed with very nice caring ones!  I hope you resolve your fence problem or have other options.

Super Contributor

@Mominohio wrote:

This reminds me of why I stay in the country. We have our issues here, you'd have to buy hundreds or thousands of acres to really get away from everyone, but at least we are further from our problems. 

I grew up in town and spent a lot of my adult life in close neighborhoods. It's just that people have no respect for their neighbors anymore. When I was growing up, people would take into account things others around them needed. 

The older I get, the less I really care for people in general. 

AMEN!

Valued Contributor

I would do all of what the other posters suggested. I would put up a fence, and build an enclosed porch.  I would also plant a row of evergreen schrubs and or trees to block their view completely. The local ordinace may call for a fence that's 6 feet, but there is probably no law that says you can't plant something that grows to 15 feet or more. It will be worth your investement. 

Most importantly ignore them. They will eventually get the message and stop acting the fool. People like that love attention, but if you don't give it to them, they get bored and go on to do other things.

@Dinaki  I'm sorry that ignorant woman said that to you. Don't pay her no mind, she sounds miserable.

Respected Contributor

Re: Privacy Fences

[ Edited ]

Regarding the bad neighbors who burn things, etc:

You deserve to have a better quality of life and should not have to build a fence or anything else because of such low-class, rude, and abusive neighbors. 

Honestly, I agree with others who have suggested that you consider moving.  You current neighbors probably will challenge you on everything you do.  Who knows what they are capable of?  I can only see this situation escalating. 

I definitely would talk with a local attorney to see what--if anything--realistically can be done.  I expect there isn't much that can be done to stop this type of behavior.

I really feel that you will be better off to move to another town that is a bit larger and that a strong police force and fire department presence. 

Life is too short to have to live in fear and constantly have to adapt to neighboorhood bullies.  I would not feel safe living next to people like that.