Honored Contributor

Re: Primitive Country

[ Edited ]

While I wouldn't want a house full of it, I like the primitive look when it either is or looks genuine. I less enjoy the more 'cutesey' version, which is actually more faux 'Early American', so often found in some magazines... 

In my pantry with my cupcakes...
Honored Contributor

Really not my thing at all.  However, the room pictured in the OP isn't bad.

“One of the penalties for refusing to participate in politics is that you end up being governed by your inferiors.” ~ Plato
Honored Contributor

I am not a fan of the look.

Respected Contributor

I love it!  When I lived in Pa. my house looked like that, so so cozy and welcoming. 

Trusted Contributor

When we got married almost 40 years ago, my husband built our home.  It was a log cabin.  We really had fun decorating it and loved the primitive look.  Flash forward all these years, and we still enjoy touches of the primitive look.  A lot of the antique furniture that we bought way back still looks great in our present home.  I still subscribe to Country Living!

Regular Contributor

For years I decorated our home with primitives and country decor.  One of my favorites was Gooseberry Patch.  I can still remember my dear Mom and I combining our orders to save a bit on shipping... Unfortunately they no longer sell anything other than their cookbooks. Try  eBay ~ you will be pleasantly surprised at  what you will find on there.  So much to choose from and I think much better prices than catalogs.  Happy shopping!

Respected Contributor

I also receive the Sturbridge Yankee Workshop catalogue and like many of the items .  I especially like the art work and some of the furniture and decor.  I do   not have this style in my home but it is appealing .

Trusted Contributor

Just checked the site. They have some unique things. My favorite is a door sign that says ring the doorbell and win a dog. My son and family have a new puppy and she is one tough cookie. She just may be training them.

Trusted Contributor

NOPE

dark & colors & style aren't appealing to me.

Trusted Contributor

@indoor kitty 

Yes, that's a nice store.  Haven't been in it a couple of years.  Sturbridge has a Primitive Store on the opposite side of Rte. 20.  Have you been there?  I haven't checked it out because that style doesn't appeal to me.  I know of someone who did primitive crafts as a living .. nope.