Honored Contributor

Re: Pretty Seating Area

[ Edited ]

@River Song wrote:

Does anyone know the wall color name/brand?  That is the color I want to paint the walls in my sunroom.  

I have around 10 different blue-gray paint chips and can't decide which ones to swatch on the wall.  Color always looks so different on the wall than on the little paint chip.

@River Song 

Always go a shade lighter than what you want to end up with. 

A room of colored walls appears a shade darker from all of the concentrated color.

The color is a grayed robin's egg blue.

Trusted Contributor

@ECBG wrote:

@River Song wrote:

Does anyone know the wall color name/brand?  That is the color I want to paint the walls in my sunroom.  

I have around 10 different blue-gray paint chips and can't decide which ones to swatch on the wall.  Color always looks so different on the wall than on the little paint chip.

@River Song 

Always go a shade lighter than what you want to end up with. 

A room of colored walls appears a shade darker from all of the concentrated color.

Boy, don't I know this!  The color of the sunroom is now a medium green and it's way too intense.  It makes me wince, lol.  I want a muted blue that is peaceful and relaxing.

Honored Contributor

Re: Pretty Seating Area

[ Edited ]

Pretty little seating vignette. Like the print, but agree with @ECBG, would prefer to see the ottoman used as an ottoman and an actual table in its place to be used, well, as a table. Imagine that. 

In my pantry with my cupcakes...
Honored Contributor

@ECBG wrote:

Very attractive.  I never use an ottoman in front of a sofa.  They've "pushed that concept to exhaustion".  

The origonal idea was "to provide extra seating", yet the ottoman is too close to the couch to allow seating.

@ECBG But it is there to serve food on, put your feet up on, and if it has a lid, to hide the magazines and paper napkins when company rings the doorbell unexpectedly. 

Honored Contributor

@stevieb wrote:

Pretty little seating vignette. Like the print, but agree with @ECBG, would prefer to see the ottoman used as an ottoman and an actual table in its place to be used, well, as a table. Imagine that. 

@stevieb 

I'd like to see a coffee table with a little personality.Smiley Happy

See the source image

Honored Contributor

@ECBG You can keep the chest, I'll take the Chesterfield sofa ANY day!  

Honored Contributor

@Sooner wrote:

@ECBG wrote:

Very attractive.  I never use an ottoman in front of a sofa.  They've "pushed that concept to exhaustion".  

The origonal idea was "to provide extra seating", yet the ottoman is too close to the couch to allow seating.

@ECBG But it is there to serve food on, put your feet up on, and if it has a lid, to hide the magazines and paper napkins when company rings the doorbell unexpectedly. 

@Sooner 

I would never eat on an upholstered surface, it seems an "accident waiting to happen".

Honored Contributor

@Sooner wrote:

@ECBG You can keep the chest, I'll take the Chesterfield sofa ANY day!  

@Sooner 

It's a great one, isn't it!Smiley Happy

Honored Contributor

@ECBG LOL!!  We do all the time on an light oatmeal colored sectional--so far so good! 

Respected Contributor

@wilma 

This seating area is nice with the soft colors. I like the blue wall & area rug.  I'd like the ottoman if it had a different pattern.  Not a fan of the side table that is cluttered on top - accessories also block the art on the right side.  I'm not a fan of open shelving either, but it isn't bad as it doesn't take over the room.  Thank you for sharing.