Honored Contributor

@ThinkingOutLoud What the heck are you talking about? Makes no sense.

I replied to what Sooner said, nothing else. Obviously you didn't understand that. Over and out.

Honored Contributor

Designers were also telling people that ceiling fans were tacky and had no place in proper design which is ludicrous too!

Respected Contributor

Re: Popcorn Ceiling

[ Edited ]

@Love my grandkids wrote:

@ThinkingOutLoud What the heck are you talking about? Makes no sense.

I replied to what Sooner said, nothing else. Obviously you didn't understand that. Over and out.

First - you tagged Reever in your post which means you were responding to her

Second - Sooner hasn't posted on this thread

Third - You're clearly strung too tight

Esteemed Contributor

I have textured ceilings, similar to stucco but not as rough.

Popcorn ceilings can be a DIY removal to make it affordable if you're handy. It's similar to stripping wallpaper.

Texture can cover a lot of imperfections so be prepared to patch, tape and sandpaper as needed.

I LOVE @SilleeMee 's idea of adding some sparkle! I had some glow in the dark stars on DS's bedroom ceiling when he was little.

Trusted Contributor

@SilleeMee We built our home & had the popcorn ceilings sprayed on with glitter! I love them!

Trusted Contributor

@Twins Mom Finally! I thought I was the only one that still loved popcorn ceilings! 

Respected Contributor

Nope, don't like them. I did not have them removed, but had them covered up. Cannot even see a hint of them and it was was cheaper and no mess !

Trusted Contributor

Our home has popcorn ceilings and I'm happy with it and actually prefer it.  Hides any imperfections and I like how it looks. 

Honored Contributor

Usually a popcorn ceiling can give a clue to the age of an home.

These ceilings are as "hard as the dickens" to repaint.

I personally wasn't fond of them and they were in our apartment when we were first married.

Honored Contributor

We have popcorn ceilings and it doesnt bother me at all.  I barely look at my ceilings, only to dust fans and light fixtures.

BE THE PERSON YOUR DOG THINKS YOU ARE! (unknown)