Respected Contributor

In many neighbourhood blogs individuals want to get rid of popcorn ceiling or talk negatively about it.  I frankly find it attractive since it's interesting and not just blah.  If a home has not had good taping, its definitely better than staring at imperfections.  

I must note, my feelings are based on knowing there is no asbestos involved.

Any insight?  Am I crazy to keep?

Honored Contributor

My ceilings have always been rougher than the walls but not exactly popcorn.  They don't bother me a bit.  It amuses me the way people get all worked up about their ceilings.  I don't think they make them in new construction nowdays.

New Mexico☀️Land Of Enchantment
Honored Contributor

Re: Popcorn Ceiling

[ Edited ]

@Twins Mom  I agree with you.  I see nothing wrong with a "popcorn" ceiling.  To me it gives texture to an otherwise bland space.  In fact, when we painted our bedroom ceiling in our house 40+ years ago we used a textured paint to give that affect.  Certainly not a deal breaker like many shows/real estate ads would have us believe.

Honored Contributor

My house has popcorn ceilings in every room except for the kitchen and baths. I intend to keep it that way. Mine has been treated with glitter so it sparkles and I love it.Woman Very Happy

Respected Contributor

Popcorn ceilings do not bother me. I think the disdain was invented by HGTV on their house hunting tours. The audiences bought into this must be a bad thing.

Valued Contributor

My home is 26 years old, has popcorn ceilings.  Everyone in my village is removing it.  I looked into it but it is messy.  You have to remove everything from walls, cover all of your furniture, etc.  My DH hates people in the home and keeps telling me "not now".  Not sure if it will ever happen.  

Respected Contributor

Re: Popcorn Ceiling

[ Edited ]

@tampalady wrote:

My home is 26 years old, has popcorn ceilings.  Everyone in my village is removing it.  I looked into it but it is messy.  You have to remove everything from walls, cover all of your furniture, etc.  My DH hates people in the home and keeps telling me "not now".  Not sure if it will ever happen.  

No one can afford housing renovations at this junction not with inflation and a near certain recession looming.  Hold tight to your money as it could get very bad in America Im sad to report. Your husband probably is reading the financial papers.

Honored Contributor

@Reever What do you mean "no one"? I know a few people who HAVE and CAN afford home rennovations. Where do you get your info that "no one" can afford something? You are 100% wrong.

Respected Contributor

@Reever wrote:

@tampalady wrote:

No one can afford housing renovations at this junction not with inflation and a near certain recession looming.  Hold tight to your money as it could get very bad in America Im sad to report. Your husband probably is reading the financial papers.

@Reever I read the financial news and tell my husband what he needs to know. Ha Ha just razzing you.

Respected Contributor

@Love my grandkids wrote:

@Reever What do you mean "no one"? I know a few people who HAVE and CAN afford home rennovations. Where do you get your info that "no one" can afford something? You are 100% wrong.

Really? This is a discussion board not a court of law. I think people understood the gist of what was said but apparently not you. smh