Honored Contributor

Polyester Leaves on anything....

I've always loved the expandable trellis with the polyester leaves.  As a matter of fact, I have a lot of fake plants in my home and I think they look great.... except for the ones that get full sun exposure and that's what I'm writing about.

I just saw the presentation with Carolyn and she said that they are polyester so they will never fade, etc.

However, they will turn a bluish color when exposed to direct sunlight.  Granted, it takes quite a while for this to happen, but it will happen so be careful where they are put.  Shade may be just fine but direct sunlight will turn them a very unrealistic bluish color.  It's the main reason I toss fake plants and trees.... just a heads up..... Woman Happy 

*~"Never eat more than you can lift......" Miss Piggy~*
Respected Contributor

Re: Polyester Leaves on anything....

[ Edited ]

@Q4u

I bought boxes and boxes of these and put them up last fall. Some of them have faded so much, they are very pale and anemic looking, and have lost so many leaves there are very few left on the trellis. Some of the other panels, have faded so little, that they look nearly the same as when I put them up, and have lost some leaves but not too bad. It's obvious that they have used different " batches" of fabric when making the leaves, since some of the panels are looking so bad they are going in the trash at this point.

Honored Contributor

@Azcowgirl - I am SO sorry to hear this!  Your description is actually worse than I thought.  I have a poly Ficus tree I bought 6 years ago when we moved in and have it by a window that gets sun from morning to afternoon and one side of it is bluish... just donated it, but it took all those years to change.

I seriously was considering these for the back yard but it does face east and gets the morning sun everywhere.... so I've hesitated.

Again, so sorry this happened to you.... Woman Sad 

*~"Never eat more than you can lift......" Miss Piggy~*
Respected Contributor

[ Edited ]

@Q4u

I'm hoping they can somehow improve on these , I'd buy them again if they could make them to last longer and be more fade proof, yet still be in that price range.