Super Contributor

"The stink!" have some couth, QVC, please! (Shoe-pourri)

Jill is peddling Shoe-pourri on her show with the most disgusting patter and exaggerated "pee-yew!" mugging and sounds -- going on and on about how "stinky" her children's feet are, and her own, and how her feet were sliding around in their own sweat on some outing.

I mean, come on! Is it really necessary to stoop to these levels and repeat the low-class term "stink" 300 times in a presentation, just to sell a few extra bottles of deodorizer? Now she's talking about stinky hampers and smelly towels and "bathroom odors." Dog bed, back of the car, your "yukky" walking shoes.

She actually just said if your bath towels are starting to smell funky, spray on some Shoe-pourri and "get one more day out of them before you have to do laundry."

Really, Jill? Seriously? Yes, I want to rub down with rank towels that have an extra layer of chemicals sprayed on them.

Honored Contributor

Re: "The stink!" have some couth, QVC, please! (Shoe-pourri)

I guess it's all in perception. I had the presentation on just now and wasn't bothered by it at all. Maybe I'm just feeling mellow today.

Trusted Contributor

It didn't bother me but...I thought I heard Jill say her daughters feet smell like corn chips. Poor thing ....mom busting out comments on air.

Honored Contributor

I'm amazed to hear that the upper class doesn't use the word ""stink"".................

♥Surface of the Sun♥
Honored Contributor

Why, thank you SO much, OP! If I hadn't read this ridiculous thread, I would not have known about the product - which I just ordered. And thanks for the laugh.

Life without Mexican food is no life at all
Regular Contributor

I will think twice before I decide to eat corn chips lol
Frequent Contributor

I don't think of couth and QVC going together...
Super Contributor

Who lets their towels get funky? Really Jill? That is disgusting.
Respected Contributor

Well, I guess I'm uncouth then as simple realities of life don't bother me at all.

For others, like me, who are not offended by human smells and functions and can appreciate (gasp!) a little outrageous poo-pourie advertising without getting the vapors - look up on-line poo-pourie commercial on you-tube. I admit it, I laughed so hard I almost....well, I better not say it here.

{#emotions_dlg.devil2}

Super Contributor

Just please don't give it to me as a gift!