Esteemed Contributor

Re: Please post pics and/or share ideas for decorating with sleighs!

On 11/4/2014 Karenka said: SHOPR Where did you get that beautiful sleigh? I can't read the printing! TIA

I hope I am replying about the correct sleigh, Karen. I posted pics of two different ones, both of which I found doing google image searches.

Here are better pictures of the previous one with the small printing on the image:

http://www.walmart.com/ip/24-Sleigh/32594071#about

Raz Imports 24

Raz Imports 24

Super Contributor

On 11/4/2014 Ima Brunette said:

Here is mine

Your sleigh is wonderful, luv the contents Ima Brunette! The garland works perfectly.

Super Contributor

SHOPR did you get Lisa's sleigh? What are your thoughts about the WM sleigh?

Esteemed Contributor

On 11/5/2014 whitelinen said:

SHOPR did you get Lisa's sleigh? What are your thoughts about the WM sleigh?

I haven't been bitten by the sleigh bug yet, WL! {#emotions_dlg.laugh} I'm just playing along and enjoying looking at all the pretty options.

I really like them all. I think if money was not an issue, which of course it always IS, I'd go for either the WM one because of the texture, or the Wind & Weather one because it's so different and rustic. The W&W one is actually a good price, $29.99. Here it is. It was shared on another sleigh thread by another poster:

Old World Sleigh Centerpiece

Hi, Ima Brunette! The BL lighted garland is a perfect thing for the sleigh! I haven't used my BL garlands like that in a couple of years. What a good idea.

Trusted Contributor

Love that sleigh from WM, SHOPR but it sure is a big one. Could put a newborn baby in that one.{#emotions_dlg.laugh} Would have been a tight fit for my last one, she was 23" long so she wouldn't have had much room to move. And it is from RAZ, WM is really moving up.

JPC

Respected Contributor

On 11/4/2014 maddiesmama717 said:
On 11/3/2014 pupwhipped said:

Well, it's not a sleigh, but this is what I asked my husband to get me for my Oct. birthday. This puppy is BIG....about three feet long and sixteen or so inches tall. It's just hubby and me, and for reasons I won't go into, we haven't done a Christmas tree in awhile. I am going to put wrapped packages in the back of the truck. I may even put some festive lights on it. Guess instead of gathering around the Christmas tree, we will be gathering around the Christmas truck. HA!

This is great! Where did you find it? It would be great if you put some fresh greenery in with the presents too, kind of reminds me of that picture you always see on Pinterest with the tree tied to the back of the truck!

I got it out of the Home Decorators catalog. Ain't gonna lie to you, it cost an arm and a leg......and then another arm. HA! But, my birthday is mid October and our wedding anniversary is the latter part of the month, so my truck was a twofer gift. It was fine with my husband as he didn't even have to bother shopping or nothin.

The truck is $159 with free shipping. I had a $10 coupon so $149 overall. I will us it for Christmas, but will leave it out all year long and decorate in different ways. Should be fun!

Here's the cute pic in the catalog:

Metalwork Red Truck

Valued Contributor

PUP, that vignette pictured above is adorable. Your truck will be so versatile and fun to decorate. Love it!

Respected Contributor

On 11/5/2014 Luv_My_Beagle said:

PUP, that vignette pictured above is adorable. Your truck will be so versatile and fun to decorate. Love it!

Yeah, I gotta tell you, this truck is a hoot!

BTW, I hope I didn't get this thread off topic of sleighs in any way. My truck is just a big, overgrown, rustic, red somewhat version of a sleigh. I've liked all the sleighs that have been posted here on this thread.....especially like the silver Lisa sleigh. I'm still intrigued by those mercury glass light strands that she showcased in the sleigh. I think I might order the gold....waiting for more reviews.

Happy sleigh decorating to one and ALL!

Valued Contributor

A Santa is what I put in my Christmas sleigh. He goes in the sleigh every year. it is a tradition. It's my mom's Santa from when I was a kid. He lost one boot through the years. He is probably 50-60 yrs. old. I think you can get too fancy and go all out with the decorating but the old family items I put out I still like the best. I have my mom's nativity set also.