Esteemed Contributor

Re: Please post pics and/or share ideas for decorating with sleighs!

On 10/30/2014 kittymomNC said:

Love these pictures and ideas, especially the one with the cats! I have an old antique wicker sleigh about 20-24 inches long with wrought iron runners that I use at Christmas to put red poinsettias and other white flowers in - they have just a little glitter on them in order have a slight sparkle when placed in front of the fireplace where the white lights on the garland can shine on them. Wish I could post a real picture, but this one looks almost exactly like it! Smile (It looks almost like a baby-carriage sleigh!)

I have one similar to this and often put scented pine cones in it with some greens and a large plaid bow. I tend to enjoy "earthy".

Women and cats will do as they please, and men and dogs should relax and get used to the idea-Robert A. Heinlein
Honored Contributor

On 10/30/2014 twopeas said:

Love these pictures and ideas, especially the one with the cats! I have an old antique wicker sleigh about 20-24 inches long with wrought iron runners that I use at Christmas to put red poinsettias and other white flowers in - they have just a little glitter on them in order have a slight sparkle when placed in front of the fireplace where the white lights on the garland can shine on them. Wish I could post a real picture, but this one looks almost exactly like it! Smile (It looks almost like a baby-carriage sleigh!)

I have one similar to this and often put scented pine cones in it with some greens and a large plaid bow. I tend to enjoy "earthy".

That sounds like a lovely idea twopeas! TY!! {#emotions_dlg.biggrin}

I just ordered 'as is' H204943 - Set of 6 red VPH MG crackle sphere ornaments. I'm going to try and mix a few of them with some smaller frosted white and silver ornaments, mix in a few scented pine cones with evergreen and a plaid bow (if there is room...lol).

Super Contributor

On 10/30/2014 Luv_My_Beagle said:

Debbie the picture I posted is one I found on the internet. It's not mine.

Several of us received the LR sleigh and we are just sharing pictures and/or ideas on how we might use or decorate a sleigh.

The one I posted is for sale (without ornaments) for I think $59.00 n Amazon or on the Plow and Hearth website, though it is a bigger sleigh (20" long).

Thank you! All the pics are so beautiful.
Honored Contributor

On 10/30/2014 Susan Louise said:
On 10/30/2014 twopeas said:

That sounds like a lovely idea twopeas! TY!! {#emotions_dlg.biggrin}

I just ordered 'as is' H204943 - Set of 6 red VPH MG crackle sphere ornaments. I'm going to try and mix a few of them with some smaller frosted white and silver ornaments, mix in a few scented pine cones with evergreen and a plaid bow (if there is room...lol).

Hi SL, I have those red spheres that you just ordered. Got them in error, supposed to be the Valerie square pedestals in red. I thought they were pretty so I didn't return them. Oh, and they were AS IS and all light. Very pretty.

Honored Contributor

On 10/30/2014 SHOPR said:

Hi SHOPR, love the quilted pattern on the sleigh and all the decor inside!

Esteemed Contributor

On 10/30/2014 Debbie555 said: Where are you all finding your sleighs. I'm talking reasonably priced ones. I wasn't crazy about the LR one. I had one years ago that I kept for years, originally had cookies in it but it got lost in a move.

I buy mine after Christmas at American Sale, Michael's, Hobby Lobby etc

I buy more than 90% of my decorations, wrapping paper and cards after Christmas on clearance.

Contributor

I am going to put wrapped truffles in mine and use it as an ""elegant"" candy dish.

Honored Contributor

Kirklands had some small sleighs but nothing large enough to fill with very much

Respected Contributor

On 10/30/2014 kelluvspippi26 said:
On 10/30/2014 Mary Bailey said:

My dining room furniture is all glass. I have a sleigh very similar to this one, that I fill with silver and gold glass ornaments

My silver Lisa sleigh says out for delivery today!

I have this only in silver with red crystal accents. I think I got it from Fleet Farm one year after Christmas for like around 10.00. It is so pretty.

I originally said I was going to put balsam bows in my sleigh, but now I might put it on my table and I have cats which will probably get into them so I will probably pick out some picks at Michael's or something to put in there.

This is so beautiful and elegant!

Super Contributor

Where did you find this one?