Honored Contributor

I read that they aren't doing well and will close 57 stores this year.

Honored Contributor

I'm not surprised as all retail seems to be in trouble.  Our local mall is almost empty with only Dillard's left.  We have to shop online as there are no b&m stores left.

New Mexico☀️Land Of Enchantment
Trusted Contributor

I hear that too.  I sure hope they don't go out of business eventually because I really like the store.

Trusted Contributor

@colliemom4 wrote:

My favorite Pier 1 store near me just closed today.  😥.  I really liked shopping there because I could always find unique affordable things that fit my decor.....I did manage to pick up some great final-sale items within the last 2 weeks.  Really sorry to see them go.....

Honored Contributor

@Kachina624 wrote:

I'm not surprised as all retail seems to be in trouble.  Our local mall is almost empty with only Dillard's left.  We have to shop online as there are no b&m stores left.

@Kachina624  It seems our mall has nothing but teen type stores. I never go there.

Honored Contributor

@itsmetoo wrote:

I hear that too.  I sure hope they don't go out of business eventually because I really like the store.

@itsmetoo  I hope not. It's one of my favorite stores.

Honored Contributor

@Mombo1 wrote:

@colliemom4 wrote:

My favorite Pier 1 store near me just closed today.  😥.  I really liked shopping there because I could always find unique affordable things that fit my decor.....I did manage to pick up some great final-sale items within the last 2 weeks.  Really sorry to see them go.....

@Mombo1  I'm sorry to hear that but glad you got some deals. You can still order online.

Trusted Contributor

I’m worried my Pier 1 will close due to a new Home Goods store opening next month right across the street. I love both stores.  We downsized 2 years ago, and my coffee table and foyer console came from Pier 1, along with small decor items. Most of my rugs, linens and bathroom items came from Home Goods.

Esteemed Contributor

Yes, the one in my town closed about a year ago - I used to loved browsing and oftimes picking something up.

Honored Contributor

I like pier 1 and shop there, but they have changed over the years.  I think they've changed their style.  I used to go in the store and want everything.  It's not that way anymore.