Esteemed Contributor

I love what they've done, and I'd love to have a kitchen this size! I have no qualms about painting brick. The red brick on my fireplace is now a nice pale gray. Our kitchen and TV area are both in one room and the dark red fireplace sure didn't fit with the color of the walls, tile floor, cabinets, etc.

Honored Contributor

To be sure, lighter and brighter but am sort of done with all white kitchens.

In my pantry with my cupcakes...
Respected Contributor

@wilma 

I much prefer the after pic.  It's lightened up & doesn't give such a closed in feeling as the before pic does.  Pops of color could go on the walls & the area rugs on the floor.

Thank you.

Honored Contributor

Good job but I would have changed the floor too.  Hopefully, they will at a later date.

kindness is strength
Valued Contributor

I do think the remodel looks better, and if they did that on a budget they did very well. 

However, I'm also against painting over brick. I'm also one of those people that holler at the TV during remodeling shows when they paint over the original wood in a craftsmen type home.....or beams, particularly in older, or even historic homes. 

but that's just me Smiley Happy

Whatever gets you through the night; it's alright, it's alright. It's your money or your life; it's alright, it's alright---John Lennon
Honored Contributor

Nix the brick wall. That's just ugly. Should have opted for a new counter depth refrigerator. It would have opened up the kitchen & modernized it. All I see is this monstrosity of a frig!

"Pure Michigan"
Respected Contributor

I like everything about it

Honored Contributor

@Mz iMac wrote:

I would never go for a "white" kitchen (grease stain heaven).  I would be spot cleaning 24/7/365. icon_exclaim.gif  As a person who was born lazy, this kitchen would be my housekeepers dream of a clean up.

confused.gif   Where is the stove?????    confused.gif

@Mz iMac 

I’m guessing under the range hood next to the oven. Difficult to see. Definitely see the black surface of it in the before picture. 

Honored Contributor

Looks pretty good and I like the painted brick. I think the angle of the camera makes the island look too big.  I'd be happy for sure. Not a huge fan of all white but with pops of color it would do just fine.

Honored Contributor

I pretty much hate it when people paint brick, especially a really nice brick like this one. I'll admit there is ugly brick that is better painted sometimes, but overall, the trend of hating red brick and painting over it kills me. 

The rest of the redo is a nice clean bright improvement.