Honored Contributor

Not artfully painted like this, but I went through a spell where I painted MANY pieces of furniture for myself and and some for my DD and DSIL when they lost everything in a fire and had to start over.  I also reused bathroom cabinetry by painting it for a makeover.  Sometimes I'd like to do my kitchen cabinet, but that makes me nervous.  

Esteemed Contributor

I once read that every room should have something black in it.

Did that in my living room, dining room, and family room.

But upstairs, only a couple of old little cottage style dressers painted white in the room for GC's visits, and one for extra storage in my craft room.

My dining room chairs are replica black Windsor chairs, that I waited many years to afford.

Respected Contributor

I like it although I don't have any. Nice way to accent a room.

Honored Contributor

I have a cute accent piece that I purchased from Home Goods several years ago.

It's a small chest of three drawers that's a soft olive green with a cream vine painted on the front going up onto the top of it.  It has a bit of weathering around the edges.  

It was one of those things that I wasn't looking for but when I found it, it was perfect!

Honored Contributor

@PamfromCT wrote:

I once read that every room should have something black in it.

Did that in my living room, dining room, and family room.

But upstairs, only a couple of old little cottage style dressers painted white in the room for GC's visits, and one for extra storage in my craft room.

My dining room chairs are replica black Windsor chairs, that I waited many years to afford.

@PamfromCT   That is absolutely correct.  Black anchors the room and gives a touch of drama.  Every room should have something green that is alive.  

Honored Contributor

At the present time I do not have any painted whimsy pieces but that is going to change soon.

I just wish I had the artistic talent to paint them myself.

BE THE PERSON YOUR DOG THINKS YOU ARE! (unknown)
Frequent Contributor

That is just darling!  I have painted many pieces of furniture but non to the extent of your masterpiece!

Honored Contributor

I've seen some chalk painted pices I prefer.  This one has transfers.

Discover the Magic of Iron Orchid Designs Transfers

Respected Contributor

A small painted piece of furniture can rev up and add interest an entire room , it can take away the stuffiness of a room. Love it.

Honored Contributor

@Imaoldhippie 

There essentially easy!  Have brush will paint!!!