Trusted Contributor

So glad to be back in the mix. Work has been crazy. I work in the healthcare area and things are quite unsettled to say the least. Been working VERY LONG hours....UGH....so this latest JS "outing" was quite fun. I'll take the presidency of the "enablers club" anytime. Couldn't think of a better position.

I also just got an email from JS's website. He is coming to QVC later this month but he also has a whole section of his "new" items which is really nice. Hopefully he will be bringing some of those to his Q show but some of the newer items are Christmas ones. He has a "woodland collection" with a Santa, Snowman and Angel. All white and each has woodland animals. Very beautiful collection. Check it out. Not sure if Skyline has any of the new items, but worth a look. Let me know what you think.

Esteemed Contributor

Thanks whitelinen and JPC. If I come up with something on the centerpiece that I'm happy with, I will share a pic, WL. I'm sure it won't compare to all the pretty pics you share, though.

Trusted Contributor
On 2/19/2014 MTH said:

So glad to be back in the mix. Work has been crazy. I work in the healthcare area and things are quite unsettled to say the least. Been working VERY LONG hours....UGH....so this latest JS "outing" was quite fun. I'll take the presidency of the "enablers club" anytime. Couldn't think of a better position.

I also just got an email from JS's website. He is coming to QVC later this month but he also has a whole section of his "new" items which is really nice. Hopefully he will be bringing some of those to his Q show but some of the newer items are Christmas ones. He has a "woodland collection" with a Santa, Snowman and Angel. All white and each has woodland animals. Very beautiful collection. Check it out. Not sure if Skyline has any of the new items, but worth a look. Let me know what you think.

Good morning MTH,

Boy you are sure a BIG troublemaker and I think we appointed the best person president. Looks like you will be holding that title for a very long time to come.

Checked out JS site and boy does he have some nice things coming out in July. I saw at least 3 mini snowmen that I love and those white ones from the "woodland collection" are beautiful. I just told myself not too long ago that I didn't need or have room for anymore snowmen but I can always sneak the mini ones in amongst the bigger ones.

Would be nice if he did bring some of them to the Q during his next shows but I don't think they will have anything that has such an extended ship date. No money in that. I just wish he wasn't on in the dark of the night. By the time I check things out in the mornings, the good things have sold out. Glad to see he will also have one on in the early afternoon.

I just got an email from the Q and they have moved the early show up yet another hour so I think it is on at 3 or 4 am my time. Can't remember and I knew I wouldn't be up to watch it anyway.

Do report back when you get your new items and let us all know how you like them.

Have a good day MTH

JPC

Trusted Contributor
On 2/19/2014 SHOPR said:

Thanks whitelinen and JPC. If I come up with something on the centerpiece that I'm happy with, I will share a pic, WL. I'm sure it won't compare to all the pretty pics you share, though.

Hi SHOPR,

I think the mirrors will look beautiful on your dining room table even without a centerpiece or much of a center piece on them. I think the mirrors make a statement on their own. I am excited to hear what you think.

JPC

Esteemed Contributor

I see what you mean, JPC. I really don't want to go overboard and completely cover the mirrors with decor. They would seem pointless if I did that. They've been shipped so no turning back now.

{#emotions_dlg.biggrin}

Trusted Contributor
On 2/20/2014 Just Plain Crazy said:
On 2/19/2014 MTH said:

Good morning MTH,

Boy you are sure a BIG troublemaker and I think we appointed the best person president. Looks like you will be holding that title for a very long time to come.

Checked out JS site and boy does he have some nice things coming out in July. I saw at least 3 mini snowmen that I love and those white ones from the "woodland collection" are beautiful. I just told myself not too long ago that I didn't need or have room for anymore snowmen but I can always sneak the mini ones in amongst the bigger ones.

Would be nice if he did bring some of them to the Q during his next shows but I don't think they will have anything that has such an extended ship date. No money in that. I just wish he wasn't on in the dark of the night. By the time I check things out in the mornings, the good things have sold out. Glad to see he will also have one on in the early afternoon.

I just got an email from the Q and they have moved the early show up yet another hour so I think it is on at 3 or 4 am my time. Can't remember and I knew I wouldn't be up to watch it anyway.

Do report back when you get your new items and let us all know how you like them.

Have a good day MTH

JPC

Hi JPC: I will definitely let you know if anything good is on, but I agree with you that any of the newer items with a July ship date are too far out for the Q. Guess that gives us time to marinate over those items to see what we might really want (or don't really need). I did see the new mini snowmen and they are adorable. I actually like some of the mini items so that they can be added to other collections or displays. Some of the larger pieces really need to sit alone. That woodland collection will be hard for me to pass up though. Guess I have some time to mull that over. I'll let you know about my bunnies. Skyline shows that they shipped but no tracking info yet.

Hope you have a good night!!

MTH

Super Contributor

Hello JPC,

I also took a look at Jim Shore's July offerings. Boy oh boy, am I going to be in trouble. He has so many cute Disney pieces coming out as well....and you know me and Disney. I have my eyes on a couple of "Frozen" pieces. But, those snowmen are darling and I also love the woodland pieces too. I'm sure by now you are looking at the backs of your eyelids Wink. I hope you and Mr. Crazy have a nice weekend ahead of you and I also hope it's warmed up for you as well. Take care my friend. If MTH is going to be President...I guess I better step in and volunteer my services to be Vice President {#emotions_dlg.laugh}. Hope you are having a peaceful evening, JPC...my friend.

Trusted Contributor
On 2/21/2014 Bobby K said:

Hello JPC,

I also took a look at Jim Shore's July offerings. Boy oh boy, am I going to be in trouble. He has so many cute Disney pieces coming out as well....and you know me and Disney. I have my eyes on a couple of "Frozen" pieces. But, those snowmen are darling and I also love the woodland pieces too. I'm sure by now you are looking at the backs of your eyelids Wink. I hope you and Mr. Crazy have a nice weekend ahead of you and I also hope it's warmed up for you as well. Take care my friend. If MTH is going to be President...I guess I better step in and volunteer my services to be Vice President {#emotions_dlg.laugh}. Hope you are having a peaceful evening, JPC...my friend.

Hi Bobby K and JPC: Glad to have you step in as VP Bobby K. JPC needs to be treasurer though. We need someone to be the voice of restraint when things get out of control. I actually have to be in Orlando for a conference next month and was hoping JS might be doing one of his signing appearances but I don't think I'll be so lucky this trip.

This club is going to be in serious trouble this July for sure. Lots of new and cute pieces coming up. I'm sure JS's visit to the Q next week will be mostly Easter related but "Christmas in July" will be another thing for sure. Last year I pre-ordered some pieces from the 2013 new collection, but found that I managed to find some better prices if I waited and hunted around so I'm sitting tight on that Woodland collection for now, but I don't see myself resisting that once the holidays roll around again and I start pulling out all my JS Santas. Too much temptation. Guess it could be worse, we could collect diamonds or something like that....Ha Ha. Rationalization is a great thing!!! Happy Friday to you all and hope everyone up north has better weather. It's a dangerous thing to be stuck inside with the Q on the TV.

MTH

Super Contributor
On 2/21/2014 MTH said:

Hello JPC,

Hi Bobby K and JPC: Glad to have you step in as VP Bobby K. JPC needs to be treasurer though. We need someone to be the voice of restraint when things get out of control. I actually have to be in Orlando for a conference next month and was hoping JS might be doing one of his signing appearances but I don't think I'll be so lucky this trip.

This club is going to be in serious trouble this July for sure. Lots of new and cute pieces coming up. I'm sure JS's visit to the Q next week will be mostly Easter related but "Christmas in July" will be another thing for sure. Last year I pre-ordered some pieces from the 2013 new collection, but found that I managed to find some better prices if I waited and hunted around so I'm sitting tight on that Woodland collection for now, but I don't see myself resisting that once the holidays roll around again and I start pulling out all my JS Santas. Too much temptation. Guess it could be worse, we could collect diamonds or something like that....Ha Ha. Rationalization is a great thing!!! Happy Friday to you all and hope everyone up north has better weather. It's a dangerous thing to be stuck inside with the Q on the TV.

MTH

Hello MTH...so good to see you...

Yes, I think you are well deserving of the Presidency. I will be your loyal Vice President. Yes, I do agree...JPC should be the treasurer. She seems to be the only one with any voice of reason. He has so many wonderful pieces coming out in July...I don't know if any of us will be able to behave. And yes you are right...diamonds would be much more pricey to collect. I'm sure there will also be new club members joining us as the year progresses. Have a good weekend, MTH.

Trusted Contributor

Hello JPC,

Good evening BobbyK,

Vice President sounds good to me. I think you would make a good VP,

Doesn't JS have some nice things coming out???? Guess you can sit in the time out seat with MTH and me BobbyK, when these things come out. I know I just have to have the 2 mini snowmen and that woodland snowman is to die for.

What are the "Frozen" pieces???? I don't know if I have seen them.

It did warm up a little today but boy was yesterday a dilly. Started out foggy, then got rain, thunder and lightening, sleet and the a wet heavy snow. Then the wind started up. We had it all in one day. We ended up with about 5 inches out of it. Suppose to be up in the mid 30's tomorrow then cold again Sunday. If we don't like the weather, all we have to do is wait 5 minutes.

You have a good weekend BobbyK

JPC