Trusted Contributor
On 3/6/2014 Just Plain Crazy said:
On 3/6/2014 MTH said:

Hi MTH,

I ordered the 2 mini and the Woodland snowman yesterday. Just couldn't get them out of my mind so went ahead and did it. Kept looking at the Woodlan santa, but didn't order him yet. I really liked him too but will see on that one.

I agree about not saving much especially if they have to be ordered from several places. That is so true about changing if something else might come along. hadn't thought of that. Good we have two heads working here isn't it.

I like the way Santa and the animals are standing on the ground, the snowman and animals are on a stand. But that didn't stop me from ordering.

Oh, furniture shopping. See where this addiction is leading{#emotions_dlg.devil2}

JPC

I ordered them too. I'm trying to behave about the santa but I really like the racoon which isn't on the snowman. I'll see how it goes as well, but I really wanted to get in on all the snowmen too. I have so many of his Santas but we'll see!!! I liked your perspective on the santa standing on the ground vs. the snowman on a stand. I guess I was concentrating on the animals and didn't realize that, but it won't stop me from ordering either.

I see the $$$ flying out the door.{#emotions_dlg.ohmy}

Have a great night.

MTH

I am on the fence with the Santa too. The raccoon really caught my eye too MTH. Our son had one when he was younger so every time I see one, I think of "Buckwheat"

I figure if I do get the Santa, I can order it from Skyline Gifts and get free shipping since it is less money there. Now how is that for justifying getting him???

You have till June or July to save up for these guys MTH as long as you don't have to go our and buy some new furniture. Guess you won't be sending me any money soon, will ya. I still think I just need to add on a room for all my JS.

Haven't received any money from Bobby K either so guess she is still spending hers too. We will never get our treasury built up this way will we.

JPC

Buckwheat!!! How adorable. That is worth having a look-a-like in your collection for sure.

Well...now I'm really confused. I went back and looked at the older version I have of JS's woodland santa which my mom gave to me as a gift several years ago. He has a colorful coat as opposed to all white but he has almost the same animal figurines, including the raccoon. I guess that just sort of makes my decision on ordering both the white versions. I think I should stick with the snowman as I dont' have a snowman with animals, but with the older "woodland" santa I have and the Arctic Greetings I just got last year, I think the new Santa will just look like the same. The snowman will be a good addition without looking like duplicates. Such problems. {#emotions_dlg.confused1}

Hope your weather is getting better. We change our clocks this weekend so maybe things this will be the start of spring. Ha Ha. Wishful thinking I know. We had torrential rain yesterday but looks like its clearing today so hopefully the weekend will be good. Hope you enjoy your weekend.

MTH

Trusted Contributor
On 3/7/2014 MTH said:
On 3/6/2014 MTH said:

Hi MTH,

I ordered the 2 mini and the Woodland snowman yesterday. Just couldn't get them out of my mind so went ahead and did it. Kept looking at the Woodlan santa, but didn't order him yet. I really liked him too but will see on that one.

I agree about not saving much especially if they have to be ordered from several places. That is so true about changing if something else might come along. hadn't thought of that. Good we have two heads working here isn't it.

I like the way Santa and the animals are standing on the ground, the snowman and animals are on a stand. But that didn't stop me from ordering.

Oh, furniture shopping. See where this addiction is leading{#emotions_dlg.devil2}

JPC

I ordered them too. I'm trying to behave about the santa but I really like the racoon which isn't on the snowman. I'll see how it goes as well, but I really wanted to get in on all the snowmen too. I have so many of his Santas but we'll see!!! I liked your perspective on the santa standing on the ground vs. the snowman on a stand. I guess I was concentrating on the animals and didn't realize that, but it won't stop me from ordering either.

I see the $$$ flying out the door.{#emotions_dlg.ohmy}

Have a great night.

MTH

I am on the fence with the Santa too. The raccoon really caught my eye too MTH. Our son had one when he was younger so every time I see one, I think of "Buckwheat"

I figure if I do get the Santa, I can order it from Skyline Gifts and get free shipping since it is less money there. Now how is that for justifying getting him???

You have till June or July to save up for these guys MTH as long as you don't have to go our and buy some new furniture. Guess you won't be sending me any money soon, will ya. I still think I just need to add on a room for all my JS.

Haven't received any money from Bobby K either so guess she is still spending hers too. We will never get our treasury built up this way will we.

JPC

Buckwheat!!! How adorable. That is worth having a look-a-like in your collection for sure.

Well...now I'm really confused. I went back and looked at the older version I have of JS's woodland santa which my mom gave to me as a gift several years ago. He has a colorful coat as opposed to all white but he has almost the same animal figurines, including the raccoon. I guess that just sort of makes my decision on ordering both the white versions. I think I should stick with the snowman as I dont' have a snowman with animals, but with the older "woodland" santa I have and the Arctic Greetings I just got last year, I think the new Santa will just look like the same. The snowman will be a good addition without looking like duplicates. Such problems. {#emotions_dlg.confused1}

Hope your weather is getting better. We change our clocks this weekend so maybe things this will be the start of spring. Ha Ha. Wishful thinking I know. We had torrential rain yesterday but looks like its clearing today so hopefully the weekend will be good. Hope you enjoy your weekend.

MTH

Morning MTH,

You just saved yourself some money, didn't you. I don't remember the woodland Santa you have, will have to check it out. I don't usually buy the Santas, only have about 6 or 7 of them, but this one is talking to me. My big addiction is the snowmen but have been showing pretty good restraint, until this one came along. Kinda like the gingerbread one, but I got all three of them,

Our temps have been going up nicely the past couple of days and is 36 already and suppose to be up to 52 either today or tomorrow then cool down a little but nothing like what we have had. We should loose a lot of our snow the next couple of days. Just hope we don't get any more.

Have a good day MTH

JPC

Couldn't find your woodland Santa on the net but did see the colorful angel from previous years. She is absolutely beautiful. No longer available on JS site but he had a picture.

Trusted Contributor

Hi JPC: If I can figure out how to post a pic on here, I will. If you are adept at posting pics, let me know how to do it.

6 or 7 Santas??? Ha Ha. You have a lot of Santas. How many snowmen do you have??? That's the real question. I may have to relinquish my presidential rights to you{#emotions_dlg.scared}. I may just have to order both pieces just to keep up. Hmmmm..sounds like rationalization to me!{#emotions_dlg.devil2}.

Glad your weather is improving. Should be getting better and better as March gets going. It'll be summer before we all know it. And then we will be looking at CIJ again. Oh No.

Hope you have a great night.

MTH

Trusted Contributor

I found a pic JPC. This is the one I currently have.

Trusted Contributor
On 3/7/2014 MTH said:

Hi JPC: If I can figure out how to post a pic on here, I will. If you are adept at posting pics, let me know how to do it.

6 or 7 Santas??? Ha Ha. You have a lot of Santas. How many snowmen do you have??? That's the real question. I may have to relinquish my presidential rights to you{#emotions_dlg.scared}. I may just have to order both pieces just to keep up. Hmmmm..sounds like rationalization to me!{#emotions_dlg.devil2}.

Glad your weather is improving. Should be getting better and better as March gets going. It'll be summer before we all know it. And then we will be looking at CIJ again. Oh No.

MTH

Good morning MTH,

As to how many snowmen I have, you'd better start ordering now. I am just guessing but probably at least 70. I am sure there are a few more. I need to take pics of them all. I didn't get them all out this year or I would count them for you. since I got my skating snowmen, I really don't have room to put them all out so I put out my favorites. They have changed so much in the years since I have started collecting and he is getting so much more detailed. I am being more selective on my buying of the snowmen now. I really do just buy the ones that speak to me right away and know I really have to have, like the woodland one and the mini ones.

I also have a few angels but those have been gifts except for the gingerbread angel and ones that we had bought for our DD. I kept them when we cleaned out her apt. after she passed away. She collected angels.

OOps, forgot about all my Halloween ones.

So other than collecting JS snowmen, I also collect fabric. But hope it all ends up in quilts someday. Wishful thinking.

Have a good weekend MTH

JPC

Trusted Contributor
On 3/7/2014 MTH said:

Jim Shore Woodland Santa with AnimalsI found a pic JPC. This is the one I currently have.

Love your Santa MTH. I had never seen that one. Love the way the deer is looking at him. This is the Angel I found while looking for your Santa. I love her but see she is no longer available. It says the release date was Feb 2013. Surprised he no longer carries it.

Love For All, Great And Small-Angel With Woodland Animals Figurine

Trusted Contributor
On 3/8/2014 Just Plain Crazy said:
On 3/7/2014 MTH said:

MTH

Good morning MTH,

As to how many snowmen I have, you'd better start ordering now. I am just guessing but probably at least 70. I am sure there are a few more. I need to take pics of them all. I didn't get them all out this year or I would count them for you. since I got my skating snowmen, I really don't have room to put them all out so I put out my favorites. They have changed so much in the years since I have started collecting and he is getting so much more detailed. I am being more selective on my buying of the snowmen now. I really do just buy the ones that speak to me right away and know I really have to have, like the woodland one and the mini ones.

I also have a few angels but those have been gifts except for the gingerbread angel and ones that we had bought for our DD. I kept them when we cleaned out her apt. after she passed away. She collected angels.

So other than collecting JS snowmen, I also collect fabric. But hope it all ends up in quilts someday. Wishful thinking.

Have a good weekend MTH

JPC

Good Morning JPC: I am so sorry to hear that you and your DH lost your DD. That is so very special that you were able to keep her JS angels in her memory. I hope that they always gives you some comfort.

Thank you for sharing the pic of the 2013 woodland angel. I really like that one although I also don't really collect his angels and don't currently own any. I did send one of his monthly angels (July) to a special friend who is very ill and her birthday is in July. She also collects angels so I can see how special they can be. I'm sure JS would be so very humbled to know that his work can symbolize something so personal.

I really started out collecting his Santas and pumpkins but in the past few years started expanding to other holidays, and other figures. I have a few "everyday ones" that stay out all the time. I have his yellow lab for one of my pups and the friend I mentioned earlier gave me a friendship one with a bear this past Christmas. I also have a handful of his ornaments, most of which were also gifts. Recently, I've added snowmen, sleighs, reindeer, many Halloween ones, Easter ones and Thanksgiving ones and I even have one of his Americana pieces which I'll put out after Easter and keep thru 4th of July. I guess I have more than I probably remembered but I'd say I have between 50-60 pieces in all.

I guess I better get busy!!!!

Well, I hope you enjoy your Saturday!

MTH

Trusted Contributor
On 3/8/2014 MTH said:
On 3/8/2014 Just Plain Crazy said:
On 3/7/2014 MTH said:

MTH

Good morning MTH,

Have a good weekend MTH

JPC

Good Morning JPC: I am so sorry to hear that you and your DH lost your DD. That is so very special that you were able to keep her JS angels in her memory. I hope that they always gives you some comfort.

Thank you for sharing the pic of the 2013 woodland angel. I really like that one although I also don't really collect his angels and don't currently own any. I did send one of his monthly angels (July) to a special friend who is very ill and her birthday is in July. She also collects angels so I can see how special they can be. I'm sure JS would be so very humbled to know that his work can symbolize something so personal.

I really started out collecting his Santas and pumpkins but in the past few years started expanding to other holidays, and other figures. I have a few "everyday ones" that stay out all the time. I have his yellow lab for one of my pups and the friend I mentioned earlier gave me a friendship one with a bear this past Christmas. I also have a handful of his ornaments, most of which were also gifts. Recently, I've added snowmen, sleighs, reindeer, many Halloween ones, Easter ones and Thanksgiving ones and I even have one of his Americana pieces which I'll put out after Easter and keep thru 4th of July. I guess I have more than I probably remembered but I'd say I have between 50-60 pieces in all.

I guess I better get busy!!!!

Well, I hope you enjoy your Saturday!

MTH

Hi MTH,

I know that your friend loves the angel you sent her and will cherish it forever as you will the bear one she sent to you for your friendship. I hope that she is doing better now.

It is amazing at how fast a collection can grow without realizing just how many you have. I too have quite a few of his Halloween. They all have so much detail to them. There is one witch that I have been eyeing for awhile but keep telling myself I don't need it. We will see how long I stay strong. I couldn't even guess how many of his I have with Easter, Halloween, Santas, Angels, snowmen etc. And I bet our collections are little compared to some.

I do buy his quilting angels when a new one comes out and keep them out most of the year since quilting is my passion.

I think we are both out of control with JS things but they are so very hard to resist and I do enjoy them.

Hope you are having a good weekend. I am cleaning house, or suppose to be, Fun Huh.

JPC

Trusted Contributor

I think that's great that you do quilting. You should definitely take some of the fabric you collect and make something. Since the weather has been so bad, it would be a great time to do it. I really appreciate all the work that going into quilting but have never been very good at doing it myself. But they are wonderful keepsakes!!

Not in the mood to clean today. The weather here is incredible. I have the whole house open.

You should relax. It's Saturday!!! How's that for talking myself into not doing it.

MTH{#emotions_dlg.laugh}

Trusted Contributor

Well, I really need to get back at it. I have relaxed too many Saturdays and come to think of it, too many other days too and my house shows it.

JPC