Esteemed Contributor

whitelinen, I have the rectangular mirror in the middle of my dining room table at the moment, with nothing but a bird's nest with two ceramic bluebirds on it. I haven't gotten out my Easter things yet. Not sure what I'll do with it at that point.

I caved and ordered the end sections earlier today. I have no idea what I will display on the entire mirror ensemble at the moment, but am certain I'll have to re-do it a dozen or more times until I'm satisfied! I do know that because of the total length with the additional pieces, I will only be able to use the ensemble in one of two places--the buffet or dining table.

It's a lot of $$$ for mirrors, IMHO, but I keep thinking that the end pieces, because of their shape, will look nice on my dining table, because of its shape. Here is a pic of my table, undecorated, taken a while back:

photo IMG_table_zps137639e1.jpg

Respected Contributor

SHOPR, the mirror end pieces will reflect (no pun intended) the shape of your table beautifully.

I have a round table so I've been able to resist the mirror. I have Linda Dano's square and I think I've only used it once.

I'm looking forward to the March and April shows, so I'm sitting on my hands for these shows and not ordering anything.

Esteemed Contributor
On 2/18/2014 Just Plain Crazy said:

Hi SHOPR,

Well, I didn't see much of the show last night either. Stayed awake for the TSV, or part of it and do remember seeing them showing a shot of the mirrors but that was it till I woke up and Val's show was over. I don't know if they presented the mirrors or just a shot of them. At this point, I am passing on them but who knows once they get the video up.

Guess I am going to have to start watching my shows standing up, seems like the only way I will stay awake and then I can't guarantee it.{#emotions_dlg.laugh}

Enjoy this morning show

JPC

{#emotions_dlg.laugh} You're a hoot, JPC. No way I can stay awake! I won't even try! As you may have read on my previous post, I did order the mirror pieces. I may regret it, but just had to see for myself it they'd look good on my table. I see they are on waitlist.

Trusted Contributor

Hi whitelinen,

I have the rectangular mirror and use it on my dining/kitchen table and thought of using the 2 smaller ones on each end. Right now I have some white wax trees and red cardinals on it and use it in the fall with Valeries Pumpkins. I don't use it all year round. It would be really nice if we have the 2 leaves in the table but don't use them that often so I am afraid they would be too much when it is the size we use just for the 2 of us. I tried to come up with an idea in using them alone someplace but couldn't come up with a way so I didn't order them.. I didn't see the show this morning so missed out on them when they were presented. I see they are on waitlist now.

SHOPR,

Good for you for ordering them. Glad you got them before they sold out. They will look so good with your rectangular mirror on your table and with the angle of your table, that will really look good. My table is also shaped like yours only but more of a casual table. Love your table. Be sure to report back when you get them.

I was a good girl today and didn't order a thing. Was sure good to see Valerie back on air.

JPC

Esteemed Contributor

Thanks, Marsha2003, for your comments. Guess I'll find out soon enough if I made the right decision. I'm looking forward to the next shows also.

Esteemed Contributor

JPC, I watched the video for the mirrors, which was from Jill's show today. She gave some other ideas for using the end pieces, such as standing them upright on a mantel with a candle in front. I'm not sure that everyone would like that idea, but I thought you might want to watch the video just in case. I didn't know your table is the same shape as mine. How interesting!

Trusted Contributor

Hello everyone. I hope all is well with all of you. With everyone talking about Easter and spring already, I can say that my area (South Florida) is the only place in the country having wonderful weather so I'm ready to get spring decorations out. JPC...I have been very bad lately. Skyline Gifts had a big Presidents Day Weekend sale and I hit the Jim Shore Easter stuff. Added a few more bunnies to my collection. Haven't gotten them yet, but looks like they shipped. I was checking out the posts on VPH's mirrors and haven't been using much mirrors to decorate but think I may give it a try. Im sure some of my Easter bunnies would look so cute with a mirror base and certainly seems like it would give any decorations a boost.

PS: Don't mean to enable the JS buying club again, but I just couldn't help it.

Hope everyone stays warm. Spring is right around the corner.

Trusted Contributor
On 2/18/2014 SHOPR said:

JPC, I watched the video for the mirrors, which was from Jill's show today. She gave some other ideas for using the end pieces, such as standing them upright on a mantel with a candle in front. I'm not sure that everyone would like that idea, but I thought you might want to watch the video just in case. I didn't know your table is the same shape as mine. How interesting!

Good morning SHOPR,

Thanks for the info on the video. Will give it a watch. I do think they are beautiful and add to the looks of the rectangular mirror. I know you will love yours and they will look so nice on your table.

Have a good day SHOPR. Our weather is suppose to be really good today but later tonight is a whole different story. Sounds like we will be getting the worst storm of the season here. Ice and all.

JPC

Trusted Contributor
On 2/19/2014 MTH said:

Hello everyone. I hope all is well with all of you. With everyone talking about Easter and spring already, I can say that my area (South Florida) is the only place in the country having wonderful weather so I'm ready to get spring decorations out. JPC...I have been very bad lately. Skyline Gifts had a big Presidents Day Weekend sale and I hit the Jim Shore Easter stuff. Added a few more bunnies to my collection. Haven't gotten them yet, but looks like they shipped. I was checking out the posts on VPH's mirrors and haven't been using much mirrors to decorate but think I may give it a try. Im sure some of my Easter bunnies would look so cute with a mirror base and certainly seems like it would give any decorations a boost.

PS: Don't mean to enable the JS buying club again, but I just couldn't help it.

Hope everyone stays warm. Spring is right around the corner.

Hi MTH,

Long time no "see" I have been wondering about your and your JS "addiction" {#emotions_dlg.lol} I got that email from Skyline Gifts and just had to take a look. I didn't look too hard though, just at the new releases. Maybe I am lucky I didn't look any farther. I know you will love your bunnies. They are so cute. I have been so good lately, I think Mr Crazy will be calling the doctor soon to see if I have something fatal. The last JS I bought was the mini train. I do think we will have to elect you president of the JS enablers buyers club. {#emotions_dlg.laugh}

I do think you would love the mirror if you got it, MTH. The small ones are on waitlist so who knows when they will come back in. I do enjoy the big one that I have.

Have a good day MTH and I hope you are right about Spring being right around the corner. Enjoy your great weather and if ours keeps up, you might have lots of visitors on your doorstep soon.

JPC

Super Contributor
On 2/18/2014 SHOPR said:

whitelinen, I have the rectangular mirror in the middle of my dining room table at the moment, with nothing but a bird's nest with two ceramic bluebirds on it. I haven't gotten out my Easter things yet. Not sure what I'll do with it at that point.

I caved and ordered the end sections earlier today. I have no idea what I will display on the entire mirror ensemble at the moment, but am certain I'll have to re-do it a dozen or more times until I'm satisfied! I do know that because of the total length with the additional pieces, I will only be able to use the ensemble in one of two places--the buffet or dining table.

It's a lot of $$$ for mirrors, IMHO, but I keep thinking that the end pieces, because of their shape, will look nice on my dining table, because of its shape. Here is a pic of my table, undecorated, taken a while back:

photo IMG_table_zps137639e1.jpg

SHOPR, I think your beautiful table and the mirrors were made to be together!

REALLY want to see your tablescape with the mirror when you are finished--pretty please!!!