Regular Contributor

I am looking for outdoor string lights to put on my patio. I have looked at Target, Wayfair, Hayneedle but cant find any. I am particulary looking for outdoor battery or electric but with a timer. It cant be solar as no sun shines directly on my patio. Thanks.

I did find one at Target but it comes in a pack of 2 but I need at least 10...it looks so much beautiful.

Valued Contributor

You could try Lowes, Home Depot, and Ace Hardware. Good luck. Sounds like it would be a nice addition to a patio.

Honored Contributor

I'm surprised you can't find what you need, I see them everywhere.

You must be looking for something unique

If you can't find an electric string with a timer, you can buy a separate timer, they only cost $5    

Esteemed Contributor

Timer suggestion is your answer.  As to find something unique - Google websites for.............  exterior patio lights - or outdoor party lights - or electric hanging decorative lamps.  Front porch I have a floor standing fixture  with huge white globe and additional timer turns it on  off at times I set the clock (for).

You'll be amazed at the products available if you Google the right search words.  Good Luck

Valued Contributor

I found LED Edison string lights at Costco last year in the spring. I have seen them recently there. I used a smart plug and extension cord to make them work on my electricity challenged patio. 

Regular Contributor

Re: Outdoor string lights

[ Edited ]

@software Thanks...I will look into getting a separate timer for the string lights.....never knew that Smiley Happy 

Honored Contributor

@sue311 wrote:

@software Thanks...I will look into getting a separate timer for the string lights.....never knew that Smiley Happy 

We use timers on our outside Christmas lights, we don't have to remember to turn them off & on.   Hope you find something you love.

Super Contributor

near Seattle: just seeing lights coming into stock: Target, Fred Meyer/Kroger, Michael's, etc. 

I used to use a timer, now use adaptor to porch light with extension cord and can flip on/off at will from inside when I turn on porch light. 

I keep up and use year round. bought an extra set as a backup.