Esteemed Contributor
Can someone who has a Sealy mattress tell me how long it took to get after ordering? How about ones that have a adjustable base? Did it take longer.
Honored Contributor

Shouldn't the place you bought it from or are buying it from tell you that?  They need to set up a delivery date, no?

Esteemed Contributor

I assume you're talking about a bed purchased from QVC.  Bought my first Sealy few years ago; but (as I recall) .....about ten days after I ordered - received call from trucking company in my city - we set up a date and time for them to deliver it to my house.  It was pretty quick and very well organized.  Enjoy your new bed!

Esteemed Contributor

Re: Ordering a Sealy

[ Edited ]

@fthunt wrote:

I assume you're talking about a bed purchased from QVC.  Bought my first Sealy few years ago; but (as I recall) .....about ten days after I ordered - received call from trucking company in my city - we set up a date and time for them to deliver it to my house.  It was pretty quick and very well organized.  Enjoy your new bed!

No not from qvc. From a mattress store.

Valued Contributor

You should be able to get an estimated delivery date from the store.  

Honored Contributor

Mattress stores usually have a warehouse where they have the mattresses and frames.  When I bought a Serta it took about a week to have it delivered.  My friend bought a Sealy from a different mattress store, and it also took a week.  Your parents may have given them a specific date that they wanted it delivered.

The Bluebird Carries The Sky On His Back"
-Henry David Thoreau

Esteemed Contributor

@NickNack wrote:

Mattress stores usually have a warehouse where they have the mattresses and frames.  When I bought a Serta it took about a week to have it delivered.  My friend bought a Sealy from a different mattress store, and it also took a week.  Your parents may have given them a specific date that they wanted it delivered.

Thank you. I was just curious. I have no clue if it was ordered last week or yesterdsy. When we went looking the guy asked us to make sure if we bought it to order it on a Monday because that is the only day he worked. He wanted to make sure he got the commission. I think that he put it in layway the day he went back with the intent for that sales guy to order it. So I don’t know if it for ordered last week or yesterday. 

Honored Contributor

My dad worked in the warehouse of a local furniture store in the 60’s.   Back then their deliveries were on a set schedule; Bassett deliveries might be on Mondays, Sealy deliveries on Tuesday, and their GE appliance deliveries on Thursdays as an example.   

The guy I buy furniture from now, worked with my dad, and told me anything special ordered takes at least one month minimum to arrive at the store for local delivery.   Essentially, they get 2 tractor trailer deliveries a month; one is appliances, and the other is furniture and bedding.   He can tell customers what day the truck is due at the warehouse, but since there are 3 stores to serve, he never knows how many special orders are on the trucks, until what he’s ordered is brought to his store for local delivery.  

Esteemed Contributor

Re: Ordering a Sealy

[ Edited ]

@ccassaday  Thought you were getting a Serta? You asked me how I like my Serta mattress and box springs. Have you changed your mind? 

ETA: My Serta mattress and box springs were not in a warehouse. They were made to order, which is one of the huge pluses of going with Serta. No sitting in a dusty warehouse in plastic for months; no worry about mice or other critters on my bedding. Our family has purchased Serta for decades because we are assured of "made to order". When they are completed, Serta calls us and sets up and time for delivery, set-up and arranges to remove the former beds . . . which I'm sure they donate to Charity. Beds should be replaced about every 12-14 years. Win-win. 

Money screams; wealth whispers.
Esteemed Contributor

@BirkiLady wrote:

@ccassaday  Thought you were getting a Serta? You asked me how I like my Serta mattress and box springs. Have you changed your mind? 

ETA: My Serta mattress and box springs were not in a warehouse. They were made to order, which is one of the huge pluses of going with Serta. No sitting in a dusty warehouse in plastic for months; no worry about mice or other critters on my bedding. Our family has purchased Serta for decades because we are assured of "made to order". When they are completed, Serta calls us and sets up and time for delivery, set-up and arranges to remove the former beds . . . which I'm sure they donate to Charity. Beds should be replaced about every 12-14 years. Win-win. 

When we went looking I decided on a Sealy hybrid.