Respected Contributor

That looks like a fridge/freezer combo to me.  Very similar to one I saw a couple years ago on TV where some  politician kept her ice cream.

Honored Contributor

The very latest in mortuary chic for your kitchen...

These are most likely refrigerator columns or towers. They can both be refrigerators or one might be a freezer. They're sepearte units designed to look like one.  The set below is 7K and change...

Frigidaire Professional Series Column Refrigerator & Freezer Set FRREFR5

A peek inside another set...

1403_Double-ReferFreezer--1-.jpg

In my pantry with my cupcakes...
Trusted Contributor

Image if the electricity failed and you had to throw out all of the contents!

Respected Contributor

Now that's a refrigerator the Brady Bunch could have used!

Contributor

In my neck of the woods, that size fridge is not uncommon because there are some beautiful homes with amazing kitchens. While some are purely for show (my cousin's home comes to mind - I don't think anything has been cooked in that kitchen), most of my friends with large kitchens are either great cooks or entertain a great deal or both.

My old house had a fabulous kitchen with a similar type of fridge (Sub-zero). I love to cook, rarely go out to eat and entertained very often - how I miss that kitchen!

I keep a kosher kitchen - my old house had two dishwashers, one for meat and the other for dairy, two double wall ovens and four sinks

BTW - houses with kitchens like that usually have back up generators

Esteemed Contributor

I'd love to know why the homeowner has this large of a fridge or fridge/freezer combo.  It's massive to me and I don't care for the look.  My first thought was maybe they had A LOT of kids (like the Brady Bunch reference above).

Knowledge is knowing that a tomato is a fruit, but Wisdom is knowing not to put it in a fruit salad.
- Author Unknown
Honored Contributor

Thats huge! I guess they might have a reason to have something that big. I wouldn't want it. Too industrial looking. The size reminds me of the walk in refrigerator/freezer at a restaurant I worked in when I was in college. 

Super Contributor

So, this pic has been manipulated by the real estate agent/listing agent. It has been stretched in at least two directions to make the room look bigger. Zoom in on the outlet on the island. If you look closely at some other items in the pic, you can see they have also been stretched by the manipulation of the photo. This has been a common practice for many years in online real estate listings. The realtor did it for my mom's house, and I promptly asked her to return the photos to their true appearance. I am annoyed by false advertising, which to me is lying. I hate liars.

Respected Contributor

Re: One Large Refrigerator

[ Edited ]

@ThinkOutsidetheBox wrote:

So, this pic has been manipulated by the real estate agent/listing agent. It has been stretched in at least two directions to make the room look bigger. Zoom in on the outlet on the island. If you look closely at some other items in the pic, you can see they have also been stretched by the manipulation of the photo. This has been a common practice for many years in online real estate listings. The realtor did it for my mom's house, and I promptly asked her to return the photos to their true appearance. I am annoyed by false advertising, which to me is lying. I hate liars.

Here is another view from a different direction:

It seems to me, in relationship to everything on the left side, that refrigerator is huge.

"Justice will not be served until those who are unaffected are as outraged as those who are." BF
Highlighted
Respected Contributor

@Mersha wrote:

@ThinkOutsidetheBox wrote:

Here is another view from a different direction:

It seems to me, in relationship to everything on the left side, that refrigerator is huge.

IMO, this view also appears to be, as  @Mersha said in her post, ''stretched by the manipulation of the photo.'  The realtor did this when my brother sold his home also.