Honored Contributor

This extraordinary walnut wardrobe has been painted by furniture painters and photographers Patience & Gough. The bottom of this wood was damaged, so they used Chalk Paint® furniture paint by Annie Sloan in Oxford Navy, an inky, traditional navy blue, Aubusson Blue, a rich dark classic green-blue, Provence, a blue-green turquoise and Chicago Grey, a cool, fresh and modern grey. They finished it with an asymmetric blend.

Inspiration | Ombre Walnut wardrobe by Patience & Gough#gough #inspiration #ombre #patience #walnut #wardrobe

What do you think of the look?

Honored Contributor

Whoa!

Heeeeeeeeey, Good Lookin!

rrrRRRowwRRRRrrr😍

Esteemed Contributor

Not a fan at all.  Looks like they started to paint it starting from the bottom and ran out of paint.  

Honored Contributor

Re: Ombre Walnut Wardrobe

[ Edited ]

One or the other, but not both.

Honored Contributor

I like the paint color but the wood is to pretty to paint.

Honored Contributor

I thought it would be shades of walnut when I read the thread title.  I could probably handle it with walnut on the bottom and blue 'sky' near the top.  It would look like a landscape to me then.  I like the door hardware. 

There are many elements: wind, fire, water
But none quite like the element of surprise
Honored Contributor

Really attracted to the look, and love the paint color.  The feathering is done so well, I never know when to stop, and would get the line straight across, or over done, or matching on each side.  Think the decoratives on top are perfect with the wardrobe design.

Would like to have it, but I could never do that myself to an old, burled, walnut piece.  Too much respect for old wood, too much time spent scraping paint off old pieces.

@lolakimono 

I hope this belongs to you, cause it is really lovely. Would like to think of you having it.

"Animals are not my whole world, but they have made my world whole" ~ Roger Caras
Honored Contributor

Meh.  They probably won't always want that color in the room.  I prefer to use art and arrangements to add color.

Highlighted
Honored Contributor

@Drythe wrote:

Really attracted to the look, and love the paint color.  The feathering is done so well, I never know when to stop, and would get the line straight across, or over done, or matching on each side.  Think the decoratives on top are perfect with the wardrobe design.

Would like to have it, but I could never do that myself to an old, burled, walnut piece.  Too much respect for old wood, too much time spent scraping paint off old pieces.

@lolakimono 

I hope this belongs to you, cause it is really lovely. Would like to think of you having it.

@Drythe 

It's an Annie Sloan chalk paint idea that was "recommended" for me.

I am drawn to it, but I don't have anything like it in my house. 

Honored Contributor

@Bird mama 

I see what you mean, and wondered too.  But, the burls that are showing, are excellent - I see two amazing birds peeking out of them.  So, the choice of where to paint may have been driven by the wood pattern, as I know it often is in how the pieces are put together.

Hello to you.

"Animals are not my whole world, but they have made my world whole" ~ Roger Caras