Honored Contributor

Re: Not Your Average Eat-In Kitchen...

This is a lovely kitchen. Wasn't sure (at first) how I felt about the mirrors in this kitchen. Having studied this picture a little more, I find the way they repeat the shape of the cabinets to be very attractive.  It just adds a little something something.  

Honored Contributor

@stevieb wrote:

@kittyloo wrote:

look at the spout and sink. totally looks like bathroom fixtures.  are we sure its a kitchen?

You know what, now that you mention it, I'm really NOT sure... That also looks like a basket of cosmetics on the table... I saw the tall cabinet and what look to be dishes in it thought it must be a kitchen scene. I also can't imagine why anyone would have that large table and two chairs in the bathroom... A dressing room, maybe...?  I guess anything is possible... 

@stevieb 

The mirrors & cosmetics makes me think it’s a bathroom, although I don’t understand that table and chairs in a bathroom. Strange either way. 

I love the beautiful wood cabinets. 

Honored Contributor

Well, IF IT IS the bathroom; I guess the table serves as a vanity of sorts.  Although there does seem to be coffee or tea involved in some way.

Esteemed Contributor

Love it.......even if I do question the functionality.  I does look like a kitchen to me.  Maybe there's another larger sink somewhere in the room.

Honored Contributor

Interesting and I kind of like it!

Honored Contributor

My cousin visited her family in Italy last year. I was looking at the pictures and noticed the kitchen had a small porcelain floral sink, all standing furniture, a small table, and the small refrigerator was in another room.

I guess this could be a kitchen or lavish bath. 

Esteemed Contributor

Whether it is a kitchen or bathroom....I don't care for it.  I do love the brick pavers on the floor and that door though.

Knowledge is knowing that a tomato is a fruit, but Wisdom is knowing not to put it in a fruit salad.
- Author Unknown
Honored Contributor

@shoptilyadropagain  Agree, I think the door, wherever it leads... is beautiful...

@faeriemoon  I'm coming to the conclusion that whatever the space is, I like it and like most all of the elements. We'll probably not know since I don't even recall where I got the picture, but I'm leaning toward thinking this might be some sort of very elegant closet and dressing room area... That seems like an awful lot of mirrors for a kitchen, but then that seems like an awful lot of counter tops for a dressing room...  Who knows!?

In my pantry with my cupcakes...
Honored Contributor

Then I'm liking 'not average'! LOL

Honored Contributor

This is a kitchen for people who have full-time household help.