Not applicable

Northern Nights Dry Rotted Fitted Sheet Elastics

Has anyone else had this problem? I am very dissapointed. These sheets cost me so much more than I would normally spend on sheets, I splurged. They are so soft and comfy to sleep on, but when I took these lighter silk sheets out after a winter of flannel sheets, the elastics are all crunchy! I've bought very comfy Walmart bedsheets that have lasted me decades, for a fraction of the price of a set of NN sheets.

Does NN have a warranty on the sheets? Has anyone else had this problem?

I'm just bummed that my comfy indulgence has let me down.

Re: Northern Nights Dry Rotted Fitted Sheet Elastics

I am so glad someone else has experienced this because I thought I was the only one.  I too splurged on these sheets for me and my 3 kids beds, every one of them dry rotted within the first year! I figured it was past the return date so I'm stuck with them.  I had to buy the elastic anchors to keep the corners down. I will never buy any of the Northern Nights sheets again!

Respected Contributor

No, I've never had that problem and NN is the only sheets I've bought in years.

~~
*Off The Deep End~A very short trip for some!*
Honored Contributor

Re: Northern Nights Dry Rotted Fitted Sheet Elastics

I had this happen with some NN sheets several years ago. The fabric was so nice, thick, strong and beautiful, and would have worn for years and years. But the elastic rotted with regular use and washing in about a year.

I have had sheets that were well over a decade old and the elastic never gave out, the fabric actually got thin, or I got tired of the sheets after 10 years and moved them on.

After that, I refused to buy and more NN. They aren't a super expensive sheet, but neither were the ones I had for many many years. In my opinion, elastic in general is not made like it was decades ago. I'm sure they have changed what it is made of, and it doesn't last nearly as long as it did in the past.