Esteemed Contributor

I love setting a beautiful table and entertaining which we do often .   Have way too many dishes , Chargers , serving pieces, and center pieces that's what my hubby says anyways lol !  It brings me joy doing lovely  Tablescapes!   The one in the photo is nice not so much my personal taste though .

Honored Contributor

@BirkiLady  @Witchy Woman  @proudlyfromNJ  I went back to the original picture and enlarged it, but still can't really tell what the small silver and cobalt dishes are. I can tell, however, that they are not napkin rings. They appear to be imdividual condiment dishes of some kind, perhaps for salt (could be that the shakers are for pepper), butter or drawn butter. It appears they might be a collection, since they don't all appear to be the exact same.

In my pantry with my cupcakes...
Highlighted
Trusted Contributor

@stevieb  They sure do look like salt cellars and pepper shakers. I wonder if they are from Scully and Scully? They do the blue glass in their cellars. Such a pretty table. I would love to have dinner their. LOL Dream on.Smiley Happy 

Honored Contributor

Well done; but a bit formal for my taste.  Love the wall color; looks like Ina's original kitchen wallpaper in the early episodes.  And the white and green flowers are beautiful; that combo is always one of my favorittes.

Esteemed Contributor

It is beautiful. I would love to dine at this table.

Respected Contributor

@stevieb wrote:

@BirkiLady  @Witchy Woman  @proudlyfromNJ  I went back to the original picture and enlarged it, but still can't really tell what the small silver and cobalt dishes are. I can tell, however, that they are not napkin rings. They appear to be imdividual condiment dishes of some kind, perhaps for salt (could be that the shakers are for pepper), butter or drawn butter. It appears they might be a collection, since they don't all appear to be the exact same.

My guess is finger bowls. Maybe they're have some kind of greasy finger food for dinner.

Honored Contributor

@Queen of shop wrote:

@stevieb  They sure do look like salt cellars and pepper shakers. I wonder if they are from Scully and Scully? They do the blue glass in their cellars. Such a pretty table. I would love to have dinner their. LOL Dream on.Smiley Happy 

@Queen of shop  I love Scully and Scully... If I ever learn I'm a trust find baby, that's going to be my go to shopping venue... Woman Very Happy

Some similar salt cellars...

Set of Four Sterling Silver Salt Cellars with Cobalt Blue Glass Inserts,  Sterling Salt Cellar, Cobalt Blue Glass, Sterling Service For Four

Browse Bid and Win Browse Auctions Search Exclude closed lots Auctions My  Items Signup Login Catalog Auction info Super Summer Consignment Combined  Estate Auction (#151228) 07/05/2018 12:00 AM CDT - 07/24/2018 11:03 PM CDT  CLOSED ...

Lot-Art | Sterling and cobalt glass salt cellars and pepper

Vintage Sterling Silver Salt Cellars & Spoons : Morning Star Antiques &  Vintage | Ruby Lane

In my pantry with my cupcakes...
Trusted Contributor

Thanks for the pics @stevieb . So pretty, right? If y'all do do find out that you are a trust fund baby, can I shop with you and live vicariously? LOL Smiley Happy x

Honored Contributor

This is beautiful!

I love a well set table, and I do it at some level every day. Life is too short not to enjoy elegance!

I always have an elegant table cloth on the dining room table (the only one we have, so we eat every meal at it). The type of other linens used (we always use cloth napkins), and the level of fancy on the dishes/silverware/glassware will vary by the day, the meal or who is here to eat, but the table is set for most every meal throughout the week. 

Respected Contributor

Very pretty, never had the pleasure of sitting at such an elegant table setting.