Honored Contributor

I think entertaining and setting your table is a wonferful way to show your taste and style.  The dining room chairs' fabric is horrible in my opinion.  I do like that care/design was taken to setting the table with crystal, sterling silver and the beautiul flowers.

kindness is strength
Respected Contributor

Beautiful, elegant set table.  For me, the floral arrangement really makes it pop!  Love the colors.  The rest of the room, not so much.

Honored Contributor

Re: Nicely Set Table...

[ Edited ]

@froggy wrote:

I love it! Especially the crystal glasses. I've never seen any like that.

@froggy 

My crystal champagne flutes are similar and my Revere silver bowl is like that except with scalloped edges.  I have not used it in years.  I bet it is black (LOL).  I don't polish silver any longer and neither does my husband.  He cannot and I do not have time.  I once had a sweet and wonderful housekeeper who would do that for our special holidays.  She loved making everything pretty for me and even if I asked her not to go to so much trouble, she insisted. 

Now the housekeeper I have spends 35-45 minutes here with her spouse and collects a large sum of money, never dusts properly or cleans the bathrooms as she should.  It's like the mow-and-blow guy who does very little, is here about 30 minutes and collects 3x what a real gardener charged 5-10 years ago.

Honored Contributor

Well, I love everything about it and I especially like the more casual fabric on the chairs that is a juxtaposition to the very formal table setting and the green from the table setting and blue from the chinoiserie, I think, is just beautiful.  It just gives it a special romantic appeal.

Esteemed Contributor
Too frou frou for me and my lifestyle and, individually, I'm not fond of the pieces.
Knowledge is knowing that a tomato is a fruit, but Wisdom is knowing not to put it in a fruit salad.
- Author Unknown
Honored Contributor

@Witchy Woman wrote:

@BirkiLady 

If I am looking at the same items as you, I'm wondering if maybe they are small salt cellars?  I think I see a tiny spoon in one.

Or even butter dishes?

Someone that sets a table this elegantly would surely know how to use napkin rings.

In my former life of entertaining, I loved settings like this.

Those days are long gone and I miss them sometimes.

@Witchy Woman @BirkiLady   I'm with you. They are salt cellars with the spoon with a pepper shaker next to them. Definitely not napkin rings.

Esteemed Contributor

@Lucky Charm 

I agree with you about that lone plate.  I didn't notice it before, but it looks adrift and out of place. 

And, it draws attention to that wallpaper, which I could live without.

The table is sublime, but that plate needs repositioning...or something Cat LOL

Honored Contributor

Beautifully set table!!!!!

Super Contributor

I think the arrangement was done to the  porttion of the table and for a person not to see each other has to be really small like a child. Some people chooses arrangement based on the size of their table, but I think it looks that way because  of how  the picture was taken. It is stunning I must say.

Esteemed Contributor

Re: Nicely Set Table...

[ Edited ]

@Witchy Woman @proudlyfromNJ  I initially wondered about salt cellars, too . . . until I noticed individual salt shakers in front of each place setting. Narrowed them back down to sterling napkin rings. Agree, it seems strange.

ETA: Butter dishes are just that: very small dishes to match the china. Usually only 1 1/2 - 2 inches in diameter, much flatter (like a tiny plate) with curved sides to hold a couple of pats of butter. I've never seen butter dishes with high, round edges or in sterling.

ETA #2: The only other thing I can think of is a sterling finger bowl. And I believe that's what it must be! Lined with blue enamel to hold water. Very pretty. 

Money screams; wealth whispers.